Little Richard I Don't Want To Discuss It

stewmac

One thing about Soul Source, which by the way is THE site for us soul fans, is that the number of records that I have that I thought were originals are bloody boots! Including my white demo of IDWTDI. These were all bought from record stores in the 70s as imports, so like an idiot I thought they were legit.

My heart sinks every time I see a post that asks if a record is a boot or not - cos what inevitably happens is...... yep there goes another one from £150 to a fiver! I think my northern collection is worth about a tenth of what I thought it was once I joined.  :dash2:  Hang on to that lovely purple label even if it is second issue - I wish I had one, at least it's real.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 months later...

OKeh_4-7271-A_DJ.jpgOKeh_4-7271-B_DJ.jpg

Another Soul Bowl purchase. I originally bought it for "I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS IT"

but love both now. "HURRY SUNDOWN" is a beautiful track

I have 2, 1 vinyl and scratched matrix, 70s boot and one in styrene scratched matrix original and an issue ditto.

Social source share

Could you scan & post it ?   :D

Not much point. It's just a blank white label. Well, except for the sticker removal scuffs. Got four test presses off someone and he had to have gone and put stickers on every one saying what the track was. I think there was even a euro-sized circle with a capital A in it to show which were the A sides! Got two Little Richard's, a Five Du-Tones and a Jimmy Robins "Can't please you" - all with the same bloomin' stickers on.

They came off all right, but at a cost to the labels underneath!

Social source share

There may be one for sale on ebay for $80 (about £50) but the postage is $50, a few more $ and you could fly there and pick it up in person.

I asked the seller whether the record is styrene or vinyl to remove any doubt about its legitimacy.

This one perhaps ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PROMO-Little-Richard-I-Dont-Want-to-Discuss-It-Hurry-Sundown-1967-45rpm-VG-/131183586779?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e8b26addb

Social source share

• 10 months later...

One thing about Soul Source, which by the way is THE site for us soul fans, is that the number of records that I have that I thought were originals are bloody boots! Including my white demo of IDWTDI. These were all bought from record stores in the 70s as imports, so like an idiot I thought they were legit.

My heart sinks every time I see a post that asks if a record is a boot or not - cos what inevitably happens is...... yep there goes another one from £150 to a fiver! I think my northern collection is worth about a tenth of what I thought it was once I joined.  :dash2:  Hang on to that lovely purple label even if it is second issue - I wish I had one, at least it's real.

If it's any comfort I sold my IDWTDI on Ebay, listed a 1970s boot and I think I got about £25.00 for it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

My heart sinks every time I see a post that asks if a record is a boot or not - cos what inevitably happens is...... yep there goes another one from £150 to a fiver! I think my northern collection is worth about a tenth of what I thought it was once I joined.  :dash2:

It's painful I know, to find out a prized item is a bootleg/pressing!

I think it's better to know the truth, then you can learn from it, and maybe find an original of it sometime.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!