Muscle Shoals

Could have done without Bonio....did he ever record there?  I could understand the Stones input.  But if it helps get the message out then all well and good.  Apart from that it was a fantastic documentary a real insight into the studios and what came out of them. 

If you haven't already you need to go and buy all the cd's Kent have issued from the Fame vaults, some superb music, released and unreleased.  

Ha Ha..my daughter text me to say..be better without bono chippin' in...

Social source share

Cracker.....loved it

Never knew Helen Keller was from Muscle Shoals!!...remember watching a movie about her life when I was a kid......scared me to death.

Would have liked to have seen some footage of Millie Jackson.......they could have cut out that Irish dude with the permanent sun-glasses to make room for Millie instead  :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Watched this in the early hours of Sat morning; one of the best music documentaries I've ever seen.

It's going to be shown again on BBC4 and BBC4 HD at ten past midnight tonight.

Well worth staying up for or taping.

Regards.

Drew.

Social source share

Obviously Bono had nowt to do with Muscle Shoals but he's there to make the doc saleable to the kind of clowns for whom "I've never heard of them/it" is a reason not to watch rather than the best reason in the world to widen your horizons.

Tiresome but understandable.....it's all about the Benjamins, baby!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Obviously Bono had nowt to do with Muscle Shoals but he's there to make the doc saleable to the kind of clowns for whom "I've never heard of them/it" is a reason not to watch rather than the best reason in the world to widen your horizons.

Tiresome but understandable.....it's all about the Benjamins, baby!

Does Bonio carry any clout with the kids of today?  He doesn't with Ellie or any of her mates and I would imagine it would be the same for most generations unless you like U2??

Social source share

Does Bonio carry any clout with the kids of today?  He doesn't with Ellie or any of her mates and I would imagine it would be the same for most generations unless you like U2??

I think U2 fans are probably aged between 30 and 50 in general

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!