Tommy Knight "don't Bring Back Memories"

I have an MP3 of this and recently found buried in my computer. Would like to know the price/availablity of this. Fingers crossed!! whistling.gif

-Mike

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have an MP3 of this and recently found buried in my computer. Would like to know the price/availablity of this. Fingers crossed!! thumbsup.gif

-Mike

Mike! It's unissued mate, and if it had come out it would have been on Eddie Singleton's Shrine label, so that wouldnt have helped much either :lol: . Fantastic track it is by the way. But if ya want an easy to pick up version then ya cant go wong wid the Four Tops. it's on the flip to their "What Is A Man".

Tommy Knight's version is on the Kent Lp Capital Soul , the Awesome Shrine recordings tho!

Four Tops version used to get played out up here in Carlisle in the early 90's It's writen by Raynoma Singleton (Gordy's ex wife) prob. the only time the name "Singleton" got credit on a Motown label! :lol:

HTH

Steve

Social source share

Thanks for the info! I was thinking it sounded like a Shrine recording because of the distinctive organ thats on so many of Eddie's productions. Looks like a job for vinyl carvers! thumbsup.gif

-Mike

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Thanks for the info! I was thinking it sounded like a Shrine recording because of the distinctive organ thats on so many of Eddie's productions. Looks like a job for vinyl carvers! :unsure:

-Mike

Mike, This track is not a Shrine recording, it was sent to Eddie Singleton by Tommy Knight hoping for a release on the label, according to the sleeve notes on the first Kent " Shrine" L.P, great track though..........................
Social source share

Mike, This track is not a Shrine recording, it was sent to Eddie Singleton by Tommy Knight hoping for a release on the label, according to the sleeve notes on the first Kent " Shrine" L.P, great track though..........................

Thanks for the info. Could the organ have been added after the fact, or maybe he was in with the the circle of musicians Eddie used?? Definitely the same organ sound, which seems pretty unique to his stuff. Pretty slick of him to use one of Raynomas tunes to get a contract! Guess it didn't work out as well as he thought......

-Mike

Social source share