Having A Rant

Ronjon

How annoying is it to spend 2 or 3 hours going through a dealers large database of records for every genre, ordering 3 or 4 records from said dealer, only to be told that he hadn't  got them anymore cos he forgot to update the lists.

So f.....ing annoying and not the first time it's happened just lately. Wastes my time and his time possibly looking for the records and replying to me. 

Also sellers that advertise records, you reply wanting one and they can't even be bothered to reply.

Rant over!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Have you ever thought that they may be using your knowledge to find out whats worthwhile.

Few years back I went into a record store in Johns town, built up a pile of about thirty 45 including

two blank acetates uncut and unwritten labels, a lot of mirwood stuff etc

They all disappeared of the counter while I was just getting near the end  

I know the store keeper removed them, after my rant he lifted a record box up with northern soul written on it.

In the front was Cleveland Robinson love is a trap at $600 and Showmen Our love will grow at $150 and many more

I knew I had been used and I hope his life went into a downward spiel from that day

• Helpful 2
Social source share

had a rant about this recently myself..seems to be happening more on new release stuff too..take your money though! ..and then wait for weeks for more stock which hardly ever turns up

also old stuff on musicstack and discogs..and you have to wait at least two days before they tell you its out of stock!  :-(

Social source share

had a rant about this recently myself..seems to be happening more on new release stuff too..take your money though! ..and then wait for weeks for more stock which hardly ever turns up

also old stuff on musicstack and discogs..and you have to wait at least two days before they tell you its out of stock!  :-(

Hey now!  I reply to all my Discogs orders same day and 90% of the time I get them sent out on the same day, let alone take 2 days to reply.  Anyone who doesn't reply is just a lazy f*ck.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Ive spoken to various dealers, some on here as to why they didn't have a web site, and this came up as a reason why they didn't, some just dont want to take hours updating, that and folk dont want to wade through pages and pages of records, which I'm not sure is proved, we all do it on eBay and the like. Christ we even buy books so we can pour over listings...Don't know why they just done put a decent search engine in, its not hard to keyword images / entries.

must be the gap between the analogue and digital world eh!

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Nowadays some people simply don't reply if something's been dealt with. I.e - If you tell someone you have a want of theirs, but in the meantime they get one / Or you want a record that's on a list, but in the meantime it has been sold.......In their defence, I suppose they would be replying a to a lot of people, so it could take to much time.

I do see it as rude (if the time isn't an issue) but I'm old fashioned - At the same time, I realise times have changed, and it's not 'the done thing' anymore for some people.......It still takes me a good while to deal with this issue though.......

Please reply someone...................anyone............... :huh:

:wink:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Vote with your feet, just dont buy from them again, there are loads of new members on here that post only in sales, that dont get back, and are in my experience a night mare to deal with.

You know you have a conversation with somebody on condition and all that only to find the chaps sold it, one guy told me 'Oh I didn't realise you were interested in buying the record' no I just do this allot with people I dont know, just message them to talk about the condition of their records.. :sleep3: unbelievable..

malcolm

Social source share

Don't let too much bother me, in all fairness, but someone contacted me about a record, questioned the price and told me it was £10 cheaper on a well known site, I let him have it for £10 less, and then less than a week later he lists it for £50 more -  let it go, but I haven't forgotten.

Des

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Nothing annoys me more than the people who only post on here to sell records.  Make no contribution to the forum.  They should be charged for the privilige if they aren't going to join in.

Cracking idea - and that money could go to folk who do join in.......wow - you could make a living from posting! :D 

I get your serious point though Pete :wink: 

Len :thumbsup: 

Social source share

Hey now!  I reply to all my Discogs orders same day and 90% of the time I get them sent out on the same day, let alone take 2 days to reply.  Anyone who doesn't reply is just a lazy f*ck.

never had a prob with you pete but waitin now for two days for a reply on one tune ...another seller replied today in less than two hours so not all bad :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!