Profonix / Originals

Northern295

Can anyone shed some light on the song, Aint no sun ( since you've been gone)

Profonix on Davey-John

Originals on Suspension, I've seen the black and the gold label issues ?

Profonix has credits to HDH, but the Suspension gives credits to Moy & Whitfield ? all of them prolific Motown writers

I know the prices but wondered why credits are different, and black vs gold on Suspension ?

cheers

alan

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Can anyone shed some light on the song, Aint no sun ( since you've been gone)

Profonix on Davey-John

Originals on Suspension, I've seen the black and the gold label issues ?

Profonix has credits to HDH, but the Suspension gives credits to Moy & Whitfield ? all of them prolific Motown writers

I know the prices but wondered why credits are different, and black vs gold on Suspension ?

cheers

alan

sorry - the Profonix is on Davey-Paul

Social source share

From memory (which may be wrong) this is credited to Whitfield and Moy on the Temptations "With a lot of soul" LP which I think is the first release of the song.

I've talked about this before but the Originals were a white (or 'blue eyed') self contained band from Cleveland and have nothing to do with the Detroit Originals. The record got airplay on Cleveland stations, I think that is why there are two pressings. The gold pressing was done at Pama in Cleveland,  I'm pretty sure that is the first one.

I'm pretty sure the Profonix were from Michigan, I guess Detroit suburbs.

Edited by George G
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

From memory (which may be wrong) this is credited to Whitfield and Moy on the Temptations "With a lot of soul" LP which I think is the first release of the song.

I've talked about this before but the Originals were a white (or 'blue eyed') self contained band from Cleveland and have nothing to do with the Detroit Originals. The record got airplay on Cleveland stations, I think that is why there are two pressings. The gold pressing was done at Pama in Cleveland,  I'm pretty sure that is the first one.

I'm pretty sure the Profonix were from Michigan, I guess Detroit suburbs.

Whitfield/Moy and C.Grant.

Album tracks by G.Knight, Temps and C.Jackson.

ROD

Plus also done by Dynamics on Cotillion and YouTube-ing shows Dusty Springfield, Undisputed Truth, Supremes, Jaggerz also ...

Social source share

hi all- thanks for the info, especially the fact that the Ohio Originals are not the Detroit Motown ones. Listening to the Temps LP track and the Suspension 45, they are almost indistinguishable maybe apart from Ruffin's voice.

so I think it's the Temps LP for me... saved a few bob....

cheers

alan

Social source share

I think the Temps LP came out first and the Gladys Knight was shortly after that. I had forgot about the Chuck Jackson one, I've never found that LP while junking. The Temps LP sold probably 20x or more than the other LPs so I would assume the two groups heard it from there.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!