Discogs Seller To Avoid

ockers

Souljones on discogs is a seller to avoid

The guys name is mitchell parkin from birmingham

Bought montclairs on contempo described as mint

Huge scratch across middle which he accused me of creating

I scanned the record sent the pics i was still accused of tampering with the record

Ive sent it back first class

Now hes saying he hasnt received the record

Ive complained to discogs and made a paypal claim

I leave you to draw your own conclusions

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Rod

For records over £50 i use registrred mail

This was only a cheap contempo montclairs £30 record

Worst deal ive ever had in net in 12 years

You should still have sent it recorded though Sean, even if it leaves you out of pocket, because if not, it's a recipe for disaster.

Thanks for the warning about the seller though.  At least you can leave him negative feedback.

Anyway what are you doing paying £30 for a UK Montclairs  :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

In this case i sent record back first class signed for

Obviously he can see state of record hes lying its not returned so he will try and keep my money from me

I know the name, not sure why.  Doesn't look as if you can search by seller on Discogs though, which is a bit odd.

Social source share

I know the name, not sure why.  Doesn't look as if you can search by seller on Discogs though, which is a bit odd.

I bet you do know him pete. it is mitch parkin from sheldon, he is an old soulie and has collected soul records for many years

i find it hard to believe that he would get embroiled in something like this , for a thirty pound record. i have personally known him

for at least 25 years, and i consider him to be a salt of the earth character, ask johnny weston, he is a good friend of his too

VERY STRANGE

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I bet you do know him pete. it is mitch parkin from sheldon, he is an old soulie and has collected soul records for many years

i find it hard to believe that he would get embroiled in something like this , for a thirty pound record. i have personally known him

for at least 25 years, and i consider him to be a salt of the earth character, ask johnny weston, he is a good friend of his too

VERY STRANGE

Yeah I think I've dealt with him, I definitely know the name.

Social source share

for some balance over 1000 pos and just 3 negs is actually quite angelic behaviour for that site

As far as behaviour goes, Discogs is paradise compared to Ebay.  I've done 600 no hassle transactions now, have nearly 300 positive feedbacks and nobody has tried to claim they never received their records or try to get a discount off for "misgrading"

Social source share

VERY STRANGE

Yep - I agree. Very unusual.

Must be a mix up somewhere Sean. To my knowledge Mitch Parkin is as straight as they come.

A proper collector.

Big mates with the Gouch, Sean.

Hope it gets sorted for both of you.

Sean

Social source share

Had a look at this.

I've removed some comments from Sean that I feel are descending into unwarranted rancour.

Better to stick to the facts.

I looked at the fb on Discogs and there are a couple of neutrals and negatives referring to items received in a lesser condition than described. And as Pete points out there's also the possibility of damage on opening.

As there is a claim through Pay Pal I think I will close this unless anyone has anything pertinent to add.

Thank you

ROD [Forum Moderator]

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Buying records from this seller be careful

Received a record which was scratched

This was returned via signed for postage and prrif of postage receipt emailed to seller

He denies receiving the scratched record described as mint which clearly wasnt the case

Just a warning to potential buyers from souljones on discogs

I buy and sell quite frequently and never had any issues with buyers because you treat people how you want to be treated

For me lessons learned but thought id warn others

Social source share