Ice - Reality / Ice

Psamsara

Any particular reason why would anyone fork out 5367$ for it?

because one had not been 'openly' sold to the world before and has become  a sheep's rarity tune

itll be re pressed rather than remixed soon enough

another vomit educing remix aimed at lining the pockets of a soul rapist. how refreshing. 

id rather hear a bloke riding round a warehouse style apartment on a chopper chatting self indulgent b*llocks.

Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - workplace filters
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes an amazing price, it blew my snipe clean out of the water and into the next land! Shows there is still money for the right record - with two  bidders at that level. Like Sandy Golden, time will tell who won it when they can't resist playing it out we'll all find out. :thumbup:

Social source share

Butch is on his 2nd copy now Chris, god knows what happened to the copy I had from that robbing lying bastard mike charlton. Sam said he never had a copy from him at the time.

Prices for certain modern records have gone through the roof these past 2 weeks; I think in recent years the value of modern records have caught up with the northern scene.

Social source share

Wow...  I just listened to this "remix"... it must seriously be one of the worst things I've ever heard.

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Rare-70s-80s/26534/reality-remix/#product

Absolute and utter rubbish.

the most amazing thing about this , surprisingly, is not how shit it is but that he reckons its worth 100 quid. 

you should try some of the 'remixes' of Rokk on soundcloud if you enjoyed hearing the Ice one. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Wow...  I just listened to this "remix"... it must seriously be one of the worst things I've ever heard.

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Rare-70s-80s/26534/reality-remix/#product

Absolute and utter rubbish.

Starts off ok sounding a bit like an 1980s remix. But as soon as the vocals kick in it's getting worse and worse. Original is nice but a tad too fast IMO.

Social source share

I first heard it on a mix that Chalky left long time ago... some sublime tunes there (oh that Carolyn Champion... Joseph Webster, Jerry Washington etc.) 

Came up on it after looking for Chocolate Buttermilk Band - now this one didn't sell much either and it fetched only 50% of what this one sold for!?

I saved Ice on ebay to see for what it will sell, only because Jason described it as "rare!" which he rarely does.. i then realised - oh, it's the first song from that mix.

Seriously doubt that this would be more than nothingspecialtune if it was common 10$ record.

Social source share

Is this the same band that did Hard Times?

P.S I danced to Reality in Barca when Butch played it and was knackered afterwards!

I think the Hard Times Ice are the same band that did 'Put an X on the Spot in the Sky" on Fantasy - and they were based in France I believe.

Social source share

I think the Hard Times Ice are the same band that did 'Put an X on the Spot in the Sky" on Fantasy - and they were based in France I believe.

yeah, a version of the Lafeyette Afro Rock band. Pierre Jaubert's name is on the hard times 45.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but saw that 45, in fact there have been two of late as far as I can tell... I got this 45 the other week of Baz Atkinson, I'm assuming the same group..  anybody know whether that sleeve on the clip is right for that 45`?its a 'Nationwide Sound Distributors' sleeve out of Nashville...I have a couple of those be nice to marry one with the 45...

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

the Ice on Great Northwest were Americans relocated to France, not the same band as "Reality". It's a mystery to us here in Seattle how they were released on this local label, but the record is still pretty easy to find around here. There is a custom label sleeve that is white with the label logo printed in green.

(edit) I see the origin of this band was already mentioned above

Edited by George G
Social source share

16 hours ago, George G said:

the Ice on Great Northwest were Americans relocated to France, not the same band as "Reality". It's a mystery to us here in Seattle how they were released on this local label, but the record is still pretty easy to find around here. There is a custom label sleeve that is white with the label logo printed in green.

(edit) I see the origin of this band was already mentioned above

if you ever come across the sleeve George, Can you grab it?>

Social source share

I well know the producer of this band (Ice) Pierre Jaubert, a french guy who also produced Lafayette Afro rock band in the 70's, very popular on the Funk scene with the "Malik" LP...(he also promoted bands as Creedence Clearwater, John lee hooker...in France in the late 60's with a label called "America"...)...now he's an old guy, I meet him sometimes if you have any questions

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!