James Lewis : Manifesto

Ik001

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this is an original copy? No RB132s scratched in the dead wax which is why I ask.

Many thanks,

In Anticipation.

Ian

it cossed my mind as well..so i sought advice thru a well known guide ..which is not always correct. However, i always thought the yellow with red label text were original.This is based on the fact i bought a copy from a well known DJ in mid '74..and a month or so later it was booted on the pale yellow /black label text..to which he apologised and said he had no idea it was to be pressed.i think it had two different label designs..this and the green version..i stand to be corrected..

Social source share

it cossed my mind as well..so i sought advice thru a well known guide ..which is not always correct. However, i always thought the yellow with red label text were original.This is based on the fact i bought a copy from a well known DJ in mid '74..and a month or so later it was booted on the pale yellow /black label text..to which he apologised and said he had no idea it was to be pressed.i think it had two different label designs..this and the green version..i stand to be corrected..

Cheers for that but Madship states there is that there is a counterfeit yellow/red/black one taken from the green booted plate. 

Social source share

Guest trickbag
110966416551.jpg CASE OF TYME — MANIFESTO / SOME CALL IT LOVE — LEGEND. 2ND ISSUE.  EX
230815900842.jpg

JAMES LEWIS & THE CASE OF TYME

"MANIFESTO"

on the LEGEND label

( Re-Issue)

these two

ricky

Social source share

Cheers for that but Madship states there is that there is a counterfeit yellow/red/black one taken from the green booted plate. 

well..the first boot was the plain yellow label i'm sure..so why boot again when there were plenty copies available? and later i think the green ones came along, so there seemed to be plenty of originals (yellow & green) plus the first boots..it seems a similar situation to the Soul patrol discs..more likely original that boots...

Social source share

well..the first boot was the plain yellow label i'm sure..so why boot again when there were plenty copies available? and later i think the green ones came along, so there seemed to be plenty of originals (yellow & green) plus the first boots..it seems a similar situation to the Soul patrol discs..more likely original that boots...

Only referring to Mr Madships guide which is pretty thorough.

Social source share

No, that one is a proper one....from Ian Clark. There was a far more extensive thread about the bootlegs last year....which was very comprehensive.
I have also seen a WHITE LABEL/ BLACK LEGEND label on E- bay.....no bids.....obviously a boot.
Yellow/Black/Red on vinyl= Original
Green on styrene= Original

Yellow/Black on vinyl= bootleg
Green on vinyl= bootleg
White/black on Ebay= b*llocks!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

There are at least two yellow ones with black lettering, one has shocking sound quality.  I'm not certain about one with red writing but it looks kosher to me.  The rare one is the original green styrene copy.

Thanks Pete,

I was hoping you'd reply to this one. You're the Man in the know?? LOL 

Social source share

I will try to establish where my last copy originated from....the Yellow/ Black/ Red one.

My previous copy was the Green/ styrene issue that had sparkly flecking in the label, that came off the stall in Affleck's; Dave/ Rod.

Hopefully get back later today with the provenance.

Social source share

Had a look at JM 5.

In his pics there are 2 with LEGEND in red.

One of these has ZTSC matrix according to his notes.

Other is orig.

However in notes it states RB132s and L1014A in deadwax for original.

So either he is wrong or there is another red Legend which Ian and Scal have without RB that is also a boot ?

ROD

Social source share

Had a look at JM 5.

In his pics there are 2 with LEGEND in red.

One of these has ZTSC matrix according to his notes.

Other is orig.

However in notes it states RB132s and L1014A in deadwax for original.

So either he is wrong or there is another red Legend which Ian and Scal have without RB that is also a boot ?

ROD

I hope not, or I'm returning to seller. LOL

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!