Tommy1

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It looks like a 1971-74 font used in a Chicago pressing plant.   Maybe Bob A.  can help here?  "Just Us" rings a bell with me.  I'm sure I saw that name on some other labels.  I never picked up anything with a group name that modern.  I don't like much music made after 1967.

Just Us was a folk/rock group that had a record out on Massachusetts' minuteman Records, picked up for national distribution in 1965, by Colpix Records.  There was also a Canadian psychadelic rock group from Southern Ontario with that name.  They had a record out on Canadian Barry Records in 1967.  They MIGHT be the same group as the group on Minuteman.

I suspect that the Tonce Record is a Funk record, maybe from Akron or Cleveland, Ohio.  It is from 1974.  There was a Funk record from 1973 by Jus' Us on Annthonette Records from Akron.  There was also a funk instrumental record by Just Us & Brass Jam on International Mod Records. also from the early 1970s.

JusUsAkronOH-Funk_zps559b6f44.png

[url=https://s77.photobucket.com/user/Robb_K/media/JustUs-FunkInstGroup_zpsd09a19c5.png.html]JustUs-FunkInstGroup_zpsd09a19c5.png[/url

I've only heard Just Us & Brass Jam, of the three.  I don't know if the other 2 are Funk instrumentals or Soul vocals, or funk vocals.]

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert