soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Issue copy available on ebay and GEMM for £200

KTF

Cheers for the reply, I know about that one, not a realistic price IMHO,  last one on here went for £80 and it was a M- although it had a bit of water damage.

Books normally at  around £100 so i reckon that's the tops im going to pay. Silly inflated prices make me wonder sometimes what its all about?! Many thanks again for getting in touch and helping with the search!

Edited by foi
Social source share

mellorful : £20 when was that?! Got to be a long time ago at that price!!

I've got great memories of this tune, think i first heard it in 1979/1980....?

So if anyone out there is willing to part with a copy you'd make one man here very happy!!

foi

He said he got a carver for £20, not an original. It's a hard plastic dub plate - the modern day equivalent of the acetates (emidiscs etc) that people used to have cut in the 70s and 80s. The material used is inferior to the nitrocellulose lacquer coating on an acetate and that's why I questioned the statement that it was 'a perfect copy' - although I acknowledge that hearing (and standards of what's acceptable) vary from individual to individual.

Social source share

He said he got a carver for £20, not an original. It's a hard plastic dub plate - the modern day equivalent of the acetates (emidiscs etc) that people used to have cut in the 70s and 80s. The material used is inferior to the nitrocellulose lacquer coating on an acetate and that's why I questioned the statement that it was 'a perfect copy' - although I acknowledge that hearing (and standards of what's acceptable) vary from individual to individual.

Social source share

Cheers for the reply, I know about that one, not a realistic price IMHO,  last one on here went for £80 and it was a M- although it had a bit of water damage.

Books normally at  around £100 so i reckon that's the tops im going to pay. Silly inflated prices make me wonder sometimes what its all about?! Many thanks again for getting in touch and helping with the search!

I'd look at paying £125 for a copy

Social source share