No More Doggin'

My second visit to NMD, having attended the alldayer earlier this year. Nice and easy to find - up the M1 to junction 23 then west on the A5?? for about 3 miles I guess, turn left and you're there.

The Rangers Club looks like a late 60s early 70s flat roof social club that was built down to a cost. The function room is a square with a corner stage for the decks - opposite is the bar- A vodka and coke and a pint is £3-70.....shame I was driving and couldn't take full advantage of those prices. Quality sound system well set up although I would have liked a tad more volume at times.

The parque dance floor is good for dancing without talc, although a fair bit got chucked out. Why don't people wear the right foot gear?

Music wise it is right up my street....RnB, and 60s soul with a gritty dance edge.

Not sure on numbers maybe 40 which must be at least a 100 under capacity.....Kev told me he had been to a simlar night in Derby on Friday night so I guess some possible punters had already had their weekly fix of this style of soul.

I hope some of the DJs will post their playlist to this thread because I can't as I never remember.... but there were some awesome tunes.

Thanks to Kev and all the DJs...and Joe Dutton for his £5 box whistling.gif

Edited by Rbman
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I hope some of the DJs will post their playlist to this thread because I can't as I never remember.... but there were some awesome tunes.

Hi Martin,

I'm glad you enjoyed the night yes.gif

here's my plays (the awesome choons must be on someone else's set list)

EARL LEWIS & CHANNELS - SHE BLEW MY MIND [RARE BIRD]

CHELLOWS - BE MY BABY [ PONCELLO]

DRIFTERS - DRIP DROP [ATLANTIC]

FIVE FABULOUS DEMONS - YOU'D BETTER COME HOME [KING]

DEL-VIKINGS - BRING BACK MY HEART [ABC PARAMOUNT]

RAY CHARLES SINGERS - GLENDORA

SAMMY DAVIS JR - MESS AROUND [DECCA]

RED WEST COMBO - MY BABE [sANTO W/D]

ZU ZU BLUES BAND - ZU ZU MAN [A&M W/D]

LITTLE JEWEL - I WANT TO [TAY-STER]

VERNON HARRELL & LITTLE GIGI - BABY DON'TCHA WORRY [DECCA]

CONNIE AUSTIN - SHE MADE A MISTAKE [KING Y/D]

DELCO'S "Buddy Kays Band" - ARABIA [EBONY]

DELLS - Q-BOP SHE-BOP [VEE-JAY]

5 ROYALES - CATCH THAT TEARDROP [ABC PARAMOUNT]

XX YOU OUGHTA SEE MY MAMA

XX THEY'RE LAUGHING AT ME

MARY LOU WILLIAMS & LEON THOMAS - YOU KNOW BABY [MARY]

RUTH BROWN & MILESTONE SINGERS - MAMA [PHILIPS W/D]

HELEN TROY - I THINK I LOVE YOU [KAPP FRENCH EP]

ANNA BELLE CAESAR - LITTLE ANNIE [VERGARA SPANISH EP]

ARETHA FRANKLIN - ROUGH LOVER [COLUMBIA W/D]

JAMES BROWN & FABULOUS FLAMES - BRNG IT UP [KING W/D]

SLEEPY KING - LOVIN TIME [JOY W/D]

ZZ HILL - NO MORE DOGGIN [KENT]

Guest lostsoul2

My second visit to NMD, having attended the alldayer earlier this year. Nice and easy to find - up the M1 to junction 23 then west on the A5?? for about 3 miles I guess, turn left and you're there.

The Rangers Club looks like a late 60s early 70s flat roof social club that was built down to a cost. The function room is a square with a corner stage for the decks - opposite is the bar- A vodka and coke and a pint is £3-70.....shame I was driving and couldn't take full advantage of those prices. Quality sound system well set up although I would have liked a tad more volume at times.

The parque dance floor is good for dancing without talc, although a fair bit got chucked out. Why don't people wear the right foot gear?

Music wise it is right up my street....RnB, and 60s soul with a gritty dance edge.

Not sure on numbers maybe 40 which must be at least a 100 under capacity.....Kev told me he had been to a simlar night in Derby on Friday night so I guess some possible punters had already had their weekly fix of this style of soul.

Thanks to Kev and all the DJs...and Joe Dutton for his £5 box :lol:

Guest lostsoul2

Hi Martin

Great to see you again... here is some of my play list

Harold Burgage She knocks me out Vivid

Vernon & Jewell thats a rocking good way Kent

Otis Span keep on loving me baby Cobra

David Coleman drown in my tears Barry

Exotics that my desire Coral

Chuck Rio Bye bye baby Kent

Ronnie Hawkins Mary Lou Roulette

Original let me hear you say yeah Original Sound

Swinging Hearts Spanish love NRM

Jo Ellyn Mr Rooster Alfa

Tammy James Thats fat jack New World

Fabulous Dinos i've enjoyed being loved by you King

Jack Hammer Litttle bitty goose pimples Kapp

5 Keys me make um pow pow Capitol

great night again Kev !!! thanks so much love that place.

Vernon & Jewell ....Thats a Rocking Good Way...... Kent,.... just love that track :thumbsup:

By the way who is Lostsoul2

Always love No more Doggin' but unfortunately all our dates clash this year. :lol:

Aretha Franklin - Rough Lover :lol: one of my faves

Source Advert