Inspirations

Just seen one in sales the Charles Diamond one, and I know there is the rare version but are there any other versions or boots, sorry if it's been done before.

Charles Diamond is the same as Inspirations basically, it's a re recorded vocal, equally as good as the original.  We just called that pink label one a 'pressing' but nowadays it would be described as 'an official reissue'.  I don't think it ever came out again, and there are only one or two original copies of the first version.  Magnificent record.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Charles Diamond is the same as Inspirations basically, it's a re recorded vocal, equally as good as the original.  We just called that pink label one a 'pressing' but nowadays it would be described as 'an official reissue'.  I don't think it ever came out again, and there are only one or two original copies of the first version.  Magnificent record.

Thanks for that, I have one that's on an orange Breakthrough and I assume it's a boot but can't find any info on it.

Social source share

I guess the question about the orange copy is more related to the artist, if it's credited to The Inspirations, it's original. If it's Charles Diamond (and the label is orange) then I can't be sure as I've only seen those on a pink label.

Has anyone got a scan of the Charles Diamond release with an orange label?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

ted massey has an orange issue - he played it when i double decked with him at prestatyn,every record he put  on i though god how am i gonna follow that !!!

and you did with great skill Mark top man. my copy has Ian Gillibrand scratched in the run out there's a picture some where with him and Richard Sealing and the disc behind the decks at Wigan

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for that, I have one that's on an orange Breakthrough and I assume it's a boot but can't find any info on it.

Have you considered the possibility that you may be colour blind?

Hint: if most lipstick also looks orange there's a good chance you are :D

Actually I completely mis-spoke just then. What I meant to say was how about we swap my pink one and some cash, say twenty quid, for your orange boot...?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

and you did with great skill Mark top man. my copy has Ian Gillibrand scratched in the run out there's a picture some where with him and Richard Sealing and the disc behind the decks at Wigan

That's my old copy Ted, I sold it to gilly in 82 for £85 when I thort northern was washed up 8-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the so called original inspirations acetate recently went through the bay! but i would sell the house to have the original on breakthrough...oh and thats a great pic...i can boasting owning one record on there at least!

Picture was taken at my house dobber  :thumbsup:  :wicked:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Any chance you could scan/post a pic Paddy?

Social source share

attachicon.gif002.JPG  This is it and it's the Charles Diamond version, bought it off ebay a few years ago but other than that I don't know anything about it.

There's two possibilities here.

One, it's an original.

Two, it's the reissue with a good quality photocopy of the original label stuck on it.

Social source share

There's two possibilities here.

One, it's an original.

Two, it's the reissue with a good quality photocopy of the original label stuck on it.

I'll take possibility one please :) , if it's a photocopy Pete then it would fool me although that's not hard to do, like I say though the only others I've seen are the pink ones and just assumed that this was a boot/reissue of it.

Social source share

I'll take possibility one please :) , if it's a photocopy Pete then it would fool me although that's not hard to do, like I say though the only others I've seen are the pink ones and just assumed that this was a boot/reissue of it.

Well here's a way to tell. Is there anything on side 2?

Social source share

The vocal on the original version is painful.

None of em could carry a tune in a bucket.

No wonder it's so rare.

Ah that's harsh, I just listened to the instrumental, beautiful, the second version, phenomenal, and the original version, superb.  I think it's the same vocalist on both.  And he does a great job on the original as well.  Did I ever tell you about the time i 'found' him before anyone else did blah blah blah...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I would say it's stuck on, I'll bring it with me Dave to the next H & G you can have a look. :)

Going by his other two records, the Inspirations vocalist does not sound like John Hendley, Andy, to my ears anyway.  I know you probably got that from the horse's mouth but doesn't sound like him.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!