Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Incognito

Import Charges

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-PIONEERS-My-Good-Friend-James-Skinhead-Reggae-Northern-Soul-Eddie-Grant-45-/251468746451?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=ytOELW%252F0xIP20wPtdmFoJQzMyBk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Okay - just been watching this go round and was really tempted but couldn't get my head around the import charge calculator below the postage.

Does this mean that Ebay put the charge on top of the sale price + postage, or it's an estimate when customs and the post office screw us this end.

If the duty is paid to Ebay does it mean we won't get screwed by customs & post office, or do we still get screwed by both.

Either way the uncertainty kept me from bidding even if it looked a nice price.

John

You will still get screwed by the customs.  If you buy off eBay and they invoice you with the charges ask for another invoice without the charges. 

you pay for the record and the import charges separately but cant get out of paying once you hit the button that's it. worked for me cause I got something at a bargain price even thou the import charge was nearly 500$. before you bid just add in you mind about 27% to the price you are bidding and that will give you an idea of what your total will be, easy really. the charge is paid to Pitney Bowes btw

Edited by Ted Massey

Thanks Chalks :thumbsup: 

Didn't know if it was an automatic charge or not, I didn't realise you could ask for it taken off.

I know about the duty thing, been screwed enough times over the last 12 months, I decided to avoid the items with the Ebay service on them cause I thought they would be defo's to declare the proper price, but every now and then comes a tempter like this to f*ck with my emotions.  

you pay for the record and the import charges separately but cant get out of paying once you hit the button that's it. worked for me cause I got something at a bargain price even thou the import charge was nearly 500$. before you bid just add in you mind about 27% to the price you are bidding and that will give you an idea of what your total will be, easy really. the charge is paid to Pitney Bowes btw

:huh: Just under 30% for us thickies then Ted,

Which still sucks cause VAT duty is 20%, whats the rest for ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-PIONEERS-My-Good-Friend-James-Skinhead-Reggae-Northern-Soul-Eddie-Grant-45-/251468746451?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=ytOELW%2F0xIP20wPtdmFoJQzMyBk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Okay - just been watching this go round and was really tempted but couldn't get my head around the import charge calculator below the postage.

Does this mean that Ebay put the charge on top of the sale price + postage, or it's an estimate when customs and the post office screw us this end.

If the duty is paid to Ebay does it mean we won't get screwed by customs & post office, or do we still get screwed by both.

Either way the uncertainty kept me from bidding even if it looked a nice price.

John

you wont get screwed twice you pay at the same time as buying the record

I was invoiced with charges but requested an invoice without charges, paid the charge myself.  I suppose if eBay pay it then you don't get the robbing post office taking you for eight quid. 

Thanks Chalks :thumbsup: 

Didn't know if it was an automatic charge or not, I didn't realise you could ask for it taken off.

I know about the duty thing, been screwed enough times over the last 12 months, I decided to avoid the items with the Ebay service on them cause I thought they would be defo's to declare the proper price, but every now and then comes a tempter like this to f*ck with my emotions.  

I avoid ebay these days, especially if it is from the states. 

I was invoiced with charges but requested an invoice without charges, paid the charge myself.  I suppose if eBay pay it then you don't get the robbing post office taking you for eight quid.

yes I didn't pay anything else and it wasn't delivered by the post office either

Buying from the US on ebay looks increasingly unappealing: the shipping rates seem to fluctuate so wildly. Moerer seems to have managed to hold the cost at around $7.50 while the average seems to be up around $12 - how come?!

Buying from the US on ebay looks increasingly unappealing: the shipping rates seem to fluctuate so wildly. Moerer seems to have managed to hold the cost at around $7.50 while the average seems to be up around $12 - how come?!

it costs $12. moerer and funkyou are taking a hit in exchange for higher prices.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts