Dobie Gray

Guest scootergirl

Guest scootergirl

I dug out my old vinyls today haven't been in the attic for years, was amazed to find I have a single vinyl 45 of out on the floor by dobie gray ...it was made in 1965.... on the Black Magic label b side is a song called be a man.... im totally amazed that im such a love of northern soul its been up in that loft and its 49 years old

wondering if its worth anything, ive read it was re released in 1969 and early 70s but this was made in 1965 its in perfect coniton ive been playing it this afternoon.

thanks

scooter girlx

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

The 1965 date is the original published date. The Black Magic reissue came out in July '74

Worth about a couple of quid, if that although some folks get a fiver fer it

post-13147-0-55917800-1394745459_thumb.j

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest scootergirl

thanks for replying that's the one I got in ur picture haven't a clue when I bought it maybe around 1974 even tho it says 1965 on the record

Social source share

Guest scootergirl

hi ya Frankie ive had a closer look at it and it was recorded by charger so do u think its an original?? thanks for your reply

Social source share

The worth of the record is in the grooves. The original US release was on the Charger label in 1965. It is CLASSIC Northern Soul and worth owning in any format.

Many in circulation are boots, in reality it's quite hard to find an original. The re-issue on Thunderbird is quite rare and used to go for about £70 - 90 not any more though.

Social source share

Many in circulation are boots, in reality it's quite hard to find an original. The re-issue on Thunderbird is quite rare and used to go for about £70 - 90 not any more though.

Yes it's not as expensive on Thunderbird as it used to be but it's the only way to have it on a WD. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!