JulianB

Label Cleaning - Art Restorers

Reading an earlier thread on here, has anyone actually used a professional art/picture restorer to sort out a 45 label?

Just wondering if what they use could damage the vinyl/styrene if it gets on the grooves! :(

haha, i recently got a quote from a professional art restorer to restore a relatively simply designed but water damaged label. I would post the actual quote but I don't want it circulating with my name on it, but the quote was $3500.

At that price I'm sure the vinyl / styrene would not be damaged.

I can do simple fixes, cleans, fill-ins, even removing pen and marker in some cases. I can't do a heavily stained label with tears with text missing. Anyways, here is the estimate:

post-5120-0-46050200-1394751346_thumb.jp

My son's partner did this.

A tear across right wing.

Looks OK to me

attachicon.gifScan0043.jpg

Well, now small tear.

Looks very good Rod. Did they do the other side or didn't you want to take them "For Granted"…!

Sorry. I'll get my coat…..

Edited by Ivor Jones

I can do simple fixes, cleans, fill-ins, even removing pen and marker in some cases. I can't do a heavily stained label with tears with text missing. Anyways, here is the estimate:

attachicon.gifestimate.jpg

Bob , I'll do you a couple of new labels for £20 and a couple of pints mate + Postage :yes:  :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.