Ed Cooper On Nimrod

Nice double-sider this  :yes:

Ed Cooper - Just Like The Hero / Don't Let Life Get You Down (Nimrod 904).

Anyone tell me anything more about Ed Cooper the artist, the play of both sides of this track on the rare soul scene?

Any other nice nuggets of info greatly appreciated  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

It has had some spins, Kev Fev one if I remember giving it some spins.  No serious turntable action though as I remember, used to get it more on tapes.

Cheers Chalky :thumbsup:  I'm guessing you mean the "Just Like The Hero" side. The other side is pretty good too but a bit less "Northern".

One of the things that always puzzled me was the inclusion of "JLTH" on one of the Goldmine Allnighter CDs - think it was Volume 2. This seemed to suggest it was a "big" niter sound.

Don't know much about the artist unless it's someone else under a different name.

The only other release on Nimrod as far as I recall, off the top of my head, is Herman George. Anyone know of any others?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Have seen white and orange label copies of Herman George, but only white ones of Ed Cooper...were there also orange ones (stockers)? :g:

There's another Herman George record on Bet records out of Indiana. There's a orange label and a multi-colored one. Are you thinking of that one?

Social source share

There's another Herman George record on Bet records out of Indiana. There's a orange label and a multi-colored one. Are you thinking of that one?

Nowp, what I was saying is that I have had orange (stocker?) label and white (demo?) label copies of Herman, but only ever white label copies of Ed...leading to the question has anyone got an orange label Ed?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!