Trammps - Hold Back The Night

Guest Carl Dixon

But, did you know they are not singing 'Hold back the night' anywhere on the record release.. As a tease, see if you can detect the lyric they are singing.......

Social source share

But, did you know they are not singing 'Hold back the night' anywhere on the record release.. As a tease, see if you can detect the lyric they are singing.......

well fook me ! I've been singing 'Hold back the night' since I first heard it , DOH !! :yes:  Mate of mine used to sing 'Street Lights' to Randy Crawford/Crusaders 'Street Life' nobody dare tell him though he was as hard as nails and had a bit of a quick temper  :lol:

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Correct!

I only spotted it on the new Tom Moulton re-mix on the Philly Re-grooved 3 double CD. I don't know how I missed it.

I have loads of lyric issues! Does anybody know what the male b/v's are singing on 'Stay Close to Me/The Five Stairsteps and Cubie? I know it starts 'Love, love is a wonderful thing..so many??????? I pretend I know what it is and mumble nonsense so |I don't look stupid..but I would like to know...

Social source share

Wasn't this only released as a result of UK demand? "Scrub board" must have been at least 3 years old by the time they put out HBTN - I remember Colin playing what I thought was going to be "Scrub board" one night and thinking "Why is he playing this?" - and being very surprised when the vocals kicked in!

edited to add;

p.s. Nice video!

Edited by Rich B
Social source share

Wasn't this only released as a result of UK demand? "Scrub board" must have been at least 3 years old by the time they put out HBTN - I remember Colin playing what I thought was going to be "Scrub board" one night and thinking "Why is he playing this?" - and being very surprised when the vocals kicked in!

edited to add;

p.s. Nice video!

Yes it was played off the LP The Legendary Zing Album (I think thats right) and was massive so they got it issued as a 45.

Social source share

edited to add;

p.s. Nice video!

as far as i can remember..Mansfield DJ Derek banner was the first tp play this off the album..he played it in Mr M's..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!