Dance For Your Life

Anton L

whistling.gif When I first came across Northern Soul, A few things struck me, the friendliness of the fans, the Music of coarse and the fantastic dancing that some of the people were doing.

This has always been a great part of our scene and those who think that these guys and girls are showing off great, don't look, but to many it a great part of the night to see these guys/girls pull off fantastic moves and sweat the night away.

Surely the age old thing of how do you get new blood on to the scene, Young people want to release energy so I would encourage the high energy dancing that makes Northern Soul dancing what it is. And as for the old farts like my self you can laugh at us when we do the spits and can't get back up or try to pull a wind mill and land in a tangled heap on the floor, but please bring back the dancers as this always added to fuelling a good night for many of us.

, hearing the clapping and seeing the acrobatics that are as much a part of our scene as the music we love.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There are classes i believe whistling.gif

Personally I employ a personal trainer and mentor: Graham Barber School of Dancing (GBSOB).....it ain't done me one bit of good though and after several years i have only just attained a bronze award.

Is it the done thing to sew the GBSOD bronze cloth badge onto your favourite vest and if so left or right breast? (i have framed the certificate)

:)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!