Valdons

Barry

...picked a copy up for £6.08 last week from Europe supposedly delivered.

Just recieved a mail telling me that their packing machine crushed my order  :wink:

Anyone else had that excuse?

Not hard to believe, my copy arrived slightly warped, probably the reason is that same packing machine and for the package itself, suitable more to ship photos than records  :(

Social source share

Try your local funk, hip hop, soul, rnb record shop that sells a lot of new vinyl !! I have bought one in Berlin two weeks ago !!! They are probably not aware that it sold out & gone up in value :hatsoff2: I think it will remain at around 25 pounds or even go up in value !!!

Social source share

...ordererd and paid one from Soulbrother Records some weeks ago but still got no record and no reply to my messages.

I'll ask Laurence to look into this. What happened with their orders was that they got hit with more orders than they had stock. With a physical and online store it's hard to update the online stuff live so people paid online and expected the records to come (and rightly so) In the midst of all this the inept UK distributors promised Laurence that more were on order and on their way: in fact Laurence asked several times for them to confirm that more copies were coming (which would have been enough to fill the orders), to which the distros said words to the effect of 'Computer says yes...'. Obviously more copies were never coming as I told Laurence earlier that I was surprised the distributors had said that seeing as I'd tried to order more but was told they were sold out! 

Pretty sure this is being given another run - same stampers etc - so watch for the 'rare 1st press' adverts to start popping up once the next run appears. I sold 175 copies of this and didn't see any issues with warps...one came back where there was a scuff on the flip: just a manufacturing quirk. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Well, I mailed the company I bought the record from asking for a pic of the crushed record - I know, I was just being pig-headed - and got this reply:

Who told you the record had been crushed? Can you send me the email?

Curious!?

Social source share

Pretty sure this is being given another run - same stampers etc - 

Would be fantastic if they actually repressed it and made new stampers with a proper mastering that is much louder. As it is now it sounds very "thin" when you play it at a venue.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!