Joe Douglas - Crazy Things B/w Something To Brag About - Playhouse

Dimples

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Hi there, this is the bootleg in your sale. I was also fooled by it way back but next to a real one, the difference hits the spot. You should correct your sale post. It still should sells for 15 to 25 I believe. Maybe more.

real one dark blue, strong shiny silver print and thick vinyl and grubby label as such post-19710-0-31192500-1395157093_thumb.p

Social source share

Hi there, this is the bootleg in your sale. I was also fooled by it way back but next to a real one, the difference hits the spot. You should correct your sale post. It still should sells for 15 to 25 I believe. Maybe more.

real one dark blue, strong shiny silver print and thick vinyl and grubby label as such attachicon.gifCapture d’écran 2014-03-18 à 16.37.37.png

So many of these are sold as originals, because very few people knew it had been counterfeited.  Even for the fake one, 25 is an absolute bargain.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So sorry I did not know the fact this 45 had been booted. Alwaya thought this was an original pressing and it was sold ti me as original :( I'll issue a full refund to the buyer as soon as I come back home.

Make sure there aren't two original pressings first though!  I'll try and find out.

Social source share

From memory you can only really tell by the marking in the runout on the "Something to Brag About" side. JM's guide gives you all the details you have to hold it in a certain position at look at something o'clock for another runout mark. 

Dimples let me know if you don't have the info and I'll pull my JM guide and message you.

Best

David

Social source share

i've just checked mine and i've checked the jm guide it reads hold the P1000A at 6 o'clock directly opposite at 12 o'clock is virtue scratch in the run out upside down at 3 o'clock should be a lower case signature len caldwell also in my dead wax there seems to be a very faint stamp i can't make out what it says this stamp is on both sides i hope this helps

Social source share

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I know it is an old topic but...

In which year was it conterfeit? I think so crazy that it could be conterfeit with so many details specially in the deadwax. Usually  conterfeit doesn't have those details,second press yes. Where can we find informations about that except in the Johnmanship book? Who in the USA can confirm that is a boot. Who did those bootelg? In Belgium?... There was no reasons to make this kind of boot with so many details for the equivalent of 5 euros at that time equivalent of 3
 GBP...it was nothing. Not necessary to be so precise for peanuts.   

Maybe is it a different press as many orders exist. Look the different press of Sam Fletcher I'd think it over. Yellow with big TOLLIE, with the square, with different kind of yellow,with different inscriptions, the white promo

Social source share

On 18/03/2014 at 14:49, dimples said:

FOR SALE great two-sider in top nick:

Joe Douglas - Crazy Things b/w Something to brag about - Playhouse

EX condition (sticker on "Crazy" side, please see pics) 85 UKP + Registered postage (Paypal only and as gift).

Thanks for looking.

post-3412-0-85008800-1395154073_thumb.jp

post-3412-0-06960800-1395154084_thumb.jp

This is interesting

https://www.discogs.com/Joe-Douglas-Something-to-Brag-About-Crazy-Things/release/10954166

We have one as a "repro"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!