Soulfulshoes

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Very tough one baz.

I was looking for 'vacate' for ages. Someone (can't remember who exactly, pinches maybe) played it when I was out one day, so went up and told them my plight to which they responded that id actually played the flip at afternoon delight soul club!!

Definite note to self about turning records over!!

Social source share

Very tough one baz.

I was looking for 'vacate' for ages. Someone (can't remember who exactly, pinches maybe) played it when I was out one day, so went up and told them my plight to which they responded that id actually played the flip at afternoon delight soul club!!

Definite note to self about turning records over!!

Yes Adam, its a tuff one, i know where i can get a rare 10" acetate which was done under his name Bandit before it`s official release. Thing is won`t fit in my box lol, i don`t do albums & odd shaped 45`s  :lol: Rare as f##k i know but, what i like about it is that it has a 1-2-3-4 count down before the start of Vacate, and a little drum roll which is really nice but was edited out of the 7" release. 

Social source share

'Vacate' had plays on the continental soul scene in the late 90s/early 00s. Back then many copies around. It isn't that rare in the meaning that only few copies are known. It's rare in the meaning that only a few copies come up for sale because most copies are tucked away in collections.

There was a thread on SS about Luckey Davis a few years ago from what I recall. I think he was even on board or at least somebody posted a contact email address of him? BTW, he also did "I was born to love you" as Mr. Lucky.

Social source share

'Vacate' had plays on the continental soul scene in the late 90s/early 00s. Back then many copies around. It isn't that rare in the meaning that only few copies are known. It's rare in the meaning that only a few copies come up for sale because most copies are tucked away in collections.

There was a thread on SS about Luckey Davis a few years ago from what I recall. I think he was even on board or at least somebody posted a contact email address of him? BTW, he also did "I was born to love you" as Mr. Lucky.

Lucky is alive and we'll and still active musically and if anyone is interested ..he's active on Facebook
Social source share

Lucky is alive and we'll and still active musically and if anyone is interested ..he's active on Facebook

mad as fookin cheese tho......played vacate at the chillout in the first year or two...not played it in a couple or 3 years tho...same as the flip....maybe time to dig it out again

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest soulchasers

Here you go -

attachicon.gifJamal D.jpg

Looks like my copy, has the extended intro as well and 'love is better' on the flip. Anybody know a definite date for the 'big city' release?

Edited by soulchasers
Social source share