dthedrug profile photo

$Oul $Ource Record Club Put Some Ffunk In Your Spring 2014

Audio Lists dthedrug

Posted

:hatsoff2: HI BROTHERS & SISTERS LETS ALL EXPAND OUR MINDS, & MOVE TO THE GROOVE, TO THE SOUNDS THAT TURN YOU ON TODAY.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE EXPRESION "BMT" it stands for BLACK MANS TIME, (Trust me it is a recognised saying & non racist in content, it means the pace of life that we get things done, a typifies CARIB LIFESTYLE, & CULTURE EASE UP OR EASY MAN means cool it there's plenty of time?).

So the fact that I'm a week late starting this new FUNKY SPRINGTIME THREAD should come as no surprise to you all.

Over 1500 entries to the record club, and all have been worth while educational rewarding essential and brilliant, mentioning no individual, however the stalwart gang of 6, do this site & club proud with their on-going commitment to the soul scene, RIGHT ON ,

CLUB RULES APLY with some gist, price & rating of your pick would also be good, and perhaps an indication on true rarity comes to mind?

MANY THANK

DAVE K

So here we go again.  I'm going to kick of with a record that was on "ranking Johnny Manship" auction a few weeks ago, a superb 2 sider of quality up-tempo soul of the very best, these are the records to invest in if you are aspiring to become a top DJ, and it's another 45 I got from top DJ BUTCH.

WILLIE PARKER - "lets start a thing now" b/w I've got to fight it." - M-PAC 3105, 5 STAR RATED, VALUE 100+ :ohmy: ENJOY DAVE K

:(  :wicked: MY COPYpost-13241-0-54720600-1395435399_thumb.jpost-13241-0-03755500-1395435361_thumb.j

:hatsoff2: http://youtu.be/wenTKYtth6MII

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
dthedrug, on 21 Mar 2014 - 8:57 PM, said:

:hatsoff2: HI BROTHERS & SISTERS LETS ALL EXPAND OUR MINDS, & MOVE TO THE GROOVE, TO THE SOUNDS THAT TURN YOU ON TODAY.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE EXPRESION "BMT" it stands for BLACK MANS TIME, (Trust me it is a recognised saying & non racist in content, it means the pace of life that we get things done, a typifies CARIB LIFESTYLE, & CULTURE EASE UP OR EASY MAN means cool it there's plenty of time?).

So the fact that I'm a week late starting this new FUNKY SPRINGTIME THREAD should come as no surprise to you all.

Over 1500 entries to the record club, and all have been worth while educational rewarding essential and brilliant, mentioning no individual, however the stalwart gang of 6, do this site & club proud with their on-going commitment to the soul scene, RIGHT ON ,

CLUB RULES APLY with some gist, price & rating of your pick would also be good, and perhaps an indication on true rarity comes to mind?

MANY THANK

DAVE K

So here we go again.  I'm going to kick of with a record that was on "ranking Johnny Manship" auction a few weeks ago, a superb 2 sider of quality up-tempo soul of the very best, these are the records to invest in if you are aspiring to become a top DJ, and it's another 45 I got from top DJ BUTCH.

WILLIE PARKER - "lets start a thing now" b/w I've got to fight it." - M-PAC 3105, 5 STAR RATED, VALUE 100+ :ohmy: ENJOY DAVE K

:(  :wicked: MY COPYattachicon.gifwillie parker 2.jpgattachicon.gifwillie parker 1.jpg

:hatsoff2: http://youtu.be/wenTKYtth6MII

Evening Dave :hatsoff2:

None of my posts are rare so I won't have to comment on that aspect! :(  :lol:

Keep the tunes coming boys and girls!

Peter

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

I'll kick my contribution off with a bit of Bobby Womack - well why not? This has a funky edge and is culled from his Poet II album - which is full of great records, as is Poet 1.

Bobby Womack - Tell Me Why.

Price - probably under a tenner for the whole album.

Pedro.

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

A BIT OF ALLSORTS GOING ON WITH THIS ONE

GONNA PLAY THIS OUT AT THE CHARITY DO AT MANHATTONS TONIGHT

http://youtu.be/RxXPfqkSRME

Monguito Santamaria - Hey Sister

Edited by algsoul

soul source url
Posted

Spring is here Yippeee !

This amuses me Ed Townsend must have had a really bad day before he went into the studio on this one,but what a brilliant record. One of the greatest groups of all time as proved at Prestatyn

The Impressions  I wish i'd stayed in bed Curtom 7" UK & US and LP

http://youtu.be/JUcbq5Z7qGc

soul source url
Posted

Don't reckon its rare this is the flip of Deon Jacksons ooh baby on Carla got a feel good factor going on with it price bout £10 ish

"All on a sunny day"-Carla

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Spring is here Yippeee !

This amuses me Ed Townsend must have had a really bad day before he went into the studio on this one,but what a brilliant record. One of the greatest groups of all time as proved at Prestatyn

http://youtu.be/JUcbq5Z7qGc

Hi Smudger

Fantastic Xover tooooooooooooooooooooooooooon in my collection on a 7"  :thumbsup: m8 for your choice

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Now  D wants us to go FUNKY it's a fav spin  of mine so here is my 1st pick hope you like it :wink:

George Perkins - I Can Stand Your Kind a' Lovin Forever Pt 1 - GP records  released   1975

Rated 5*plus  value ? rare & UP FRONT FUNK

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted

A BIT OF ALLSORTS GOING ON WITH THIS ONE

GONNA PLAY THIS OUT AT THE CHARITY DO AT MANHATTONS TONIGHT

Monguito Santamaria - Hey Sister

Lawrence

Play this out every chance I get..........brilliant Latin dancer :thumbsup:

Was thinking about coming to Manhattan,might see you there depending if the boss fancies it(I'll be the one dancing to this when you play it :wicked:).

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Don't reckon its rare this is the flip of Deon Jacksons ooh baby on Carla got a feel good factor going on with it price bout £10 ish

"All on a sunny day"-Carla

Andy

Should be played more,one of the great B sides imo :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Heard this played twice at Empty Bottles last week,the only problem with that is I didn't hear it three times :lol: Covers a couple of bases for me,funky with a touch of R n B or R n B with a touch of funk depending what floats your boat.One of the best records I bought last year,as you can tell I can't praise it highly enough :thumbsup:

Luther Thomas-She'll Stick By Me Punch Records

soul source url
Posted

Luther Thomas-She'll Stick By Me

soul source url
Posted

I'm confused by this thread. What are we supposed to be posting? Is it just another thread where we all just post up clips of favourite records? Is there a theme? So far we've got northern, R&B, latin, and 70's mid tempo.

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION! WAS THE RETERIC SPEWED OUT BY THE 1ST TERM OF TB GOVERMENT?

I SAY LOOK FOR THE FUNK IN ALL OUR SOUL 45s, ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO Q MAG, TOUCH ON THIS SUBJECT + GAVE AWAY A FREE CD.

Now I have about 500 records that are influenced by james Browns hit it on the up 1 - - - 1 - - - 1 - - - 1 F U N K 1 - - -  DUM DUM DIDDLEY DUM, LET ME MAKE A PIG NOISE,

GREAT STUFF! HOWEVER, LETS LOOK AT ALL OUR RECORDS & LISTON TO A FUNK HOOK, LIKE THE WILLIE PARKER I STARTED OF THE THREAD HAS GOT,

TODAY RECORD IS A FAVE OF MINE, AND VERY FUNKY :g: 9th CREATION -"SKIN IT BACK" - CLARAMA CL-1404 :thumbsup: ENJOY DAVE K

MY COPY :yes: post-13241-0-60259600-1395484508_thumb.j

http://youtu.be/Vc95pwFfOjk

soul source url
Posted

Well if we're posting up classy Xover, I'll go with this one which appears on a CD that Boba recently had input on .....

Mojoba "Say You Will" ,.......

soul source url
Posted

Mojoba (Mosley & Johnson) with their Polydor outing "Say You Will" ........ no funk but funking marvelous .... 

soul source url
Posted

OK, we're meant to put up tracks that have a funky edge ..........

... that rules out great cuts from Mosley & Johnson like "Baby Come Back" .......

... HOWEVER ........ their "Classy Blue" might qualify and to me disun also has a funky feel .............

... Mosley & Johnson "Are You Gonna Throw Down" ........... 

soul source url
Posted

Mosley & Johnson "Are You Gonna Throw Down" ........... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzAkQSlJu4k

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Been blasting this out this morning  :wink:

SLAVE - YOU AND ME - COTILLION

Brings back good memories  :yes:

Edited by SWIFTY

soul source url
Posted

:wink:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

SWIFTY

Thats  wot i call FUNKY  :thumbsup: m8 luv it

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I'm confused by this thread. What are we supposed to be posting? Is it just another thread where we all just post up clips of favourite records? Is there a theme? So far we've got northern, R&B, latin, and 70's mid tempo.

Hi Jordirip

No Jordi there is not a theme to this thread the guy's post what they want but some of us will put up XTB stuff but as long you have it on vinyl in your collection or play box ok  :wink:

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Swifty

I've tried (honest) but can't find any redeeming features for this one I'm afraid  :wink: 

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted

Swifty

It tried (honest) but can't find any redeeming features for this one I'm afraid  :wink: 

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn , funnily enough when I was posting it I was thinking Martyn will fookin' hate this  :lol:  :thumbup:

soul source url
Posted

I do chuckle when hear people talking as if "Funky Northern" was something new,I think some of us will be able to point to one or two tunes that have been played over the years before all these baffling terms were used?

Astors - More Power To You Stax

soul source url
Posted

Astors - More Power To You Stax

soul source url
Posted

Martyn , funnily enough when I was posting it I was thinking Martyn will fookin' hate this  :lol:  :thumbup:

Swifty

I hate been predictable but you obviously know me too well  :lol: 

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

I'm having a 2nd choice record today and it's an old Torch tooooooooooooooooooooon i believe it's

The Pretenders - I Wanna Be - Carnival records  

Usual ask please post this 1 up ta  :)

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted

Postie just handed me a nice White demo  :lol: of this 5 minutes ago

THE MONTCLAIRS - UNWANTED LOVE - PAULA

Swifty :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

That's more like it. The mighty Phil Perry and the boys :thumbsup:  Still cheap as chips as well.

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I thought that this thread was about tunes which are on the funky side but fall within the soul remit ??

Anyway here's one from me. However you should also flip it for a great soul tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csp5LXXwBs0

Edited by Andy Mac

soul source url
Posted

Postie just handed me a nice White demo  :lol: of this 5 minutes ago

THE MONTCLAIRS - UNWANTED LOVE - PAULA

Swifty :thumbsup:

Swifty

See when you stop fu#king about you can do it........tune :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Swifty

Cheers

Martyn

Swifty

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I thought that this thread was about tunes which are on the funky side but fall within the soul remit ??

Anyway here's one from me. However you should also flip it for a great soul tune.

Andy

Don't get confused about the thread it's mainly about posting stuff out of your collection & a bit of info about it or why you love it always helps ........& feel free to have a few digs at the disco queens it keeps them on there toes  :wicked: 

Nice tune by the way :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted

I'm having a 2nd choice record today and it's an old Torch tooooooooooooooooooooon i believe it's

The Pretenders - I Wanna Be - Carnival records  

Usual ask please post this 1 up ta  :)

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

Here you go Kev :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Candi-Bars - I Believe In You

Edited by 22ndsoul

soul source url
Posted

Andy

Don't get confused about the thread it's mainly about posting stuff out of your collection & a bit of info about it or why you love it always helps ........& feel free to have a few digs at the disco queens it keeps them on there toes  :wicked: 

Nice tune by the way :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

I resemble that remark ! :wicked:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Candi-Bars - I Believe In Love

TOP TOP tooooooooooooooooooooon a few of these showed up last year via Dave Welding not sure how many though

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted

Craig Moorer selling one  BIN $100 

soul source url
Posted

ok lets get funky , bought this when it came out , up in the loft somewhere , few threads getting to serious at the mo , imo of course , have a smile at this, reminds me of the old friday nights , gotta find a woman , ending up with a bertha butt , :lol:

jimmy castor bunch / trogladyte

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Craig Moorer selling one  BIN $100 

Released on two different label designs silver and gold plus on the Gule (green) label.

Nice post.

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Has this been played out in here before? One from one of the masters - No Thing On Me Curtis Mayfield. From his Superfly set. Just love the spoken intro - he sounds so cool and gentle.

Peter

Edited by Peter99

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Well if we're posting up classy Xover, I'll go with this one which appears on a CD that Boba recently had input on .....

Mojoba "Say You Will" ,.......

I look forward to getting this CD, one of the few recent forward thinking releases.

32 page booklet as well.

About 1972 I bought a 100 record soul pack from Record Corner.

Sadly I cut it up into batches of 5 and sold them off a quid each at the time.

I did however hold on to a number of Stax/Volt records over the years including the Emotions "blind alley" , the Limitations "All Because"

and the Sons of Slum "Right On".

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Sons of Slum "Right On" Stax - a Marvin Gaye composition:

PS Does anyone else get a pop up " We have difficulty storing your reputation vote" , when they click "like" a post?

Edited by Mick Sway

soul source url
Posted

PS Does anyone else get a pop up " We have difficulty storing your reputation vote" , when they click "like" a post?

Hi Mick

It sometimes happens randomly to me - it doesn't appear to have any effect though.

Peter

soul source url
Guest profile photo