Got A Skipper, Skater, Or Sticker ?

That is as in a record that jumps, or skates to the end, or sticks in the same groove.......I've had all 3 in the last 2 years, some quality tunes too, and Dr Pete Smith has fixed them for me each time.

He's got the eyesight, magnifier, and tools to do it, so if you're in the same boat, I'd seriously consider giving him a chance to fix it for you. He obviously can't guarantee the outcome, but he's batting 3 for 3 on mine so far so I'm a very satisfied customer.

Pity about the impenetrable Wolverhampton accent, but nobody's perfect eh ?

This is entirely unsolicited from Pete, just thought I'd share.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: HI ALL   I HAD A RECORD FROM A VERY SMALL IRISH MAN, THAT USED TO SKIP & JUMP, DON'T TELL, HIS IN TRAINING FOR THE NEXT LIL PEOPLES OLYMPICS??

YES PETE IS VERY CLEVER WITH ONE OF THOSE NAILS FROM THE BLACK COUNTRY MUSEAM??? :lol: DAVE K from WOLVES YOW KID!

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

I'm sure Glen Bellamy used to offer a simmilar service about 15 yrs ago but never tried him, But bought Sold & Traded with him many times.

Another dealer which i did buy records off from enfield also stated he had a secret recipe for the job, But to my loss after trusting him found

the hard funiture polish would appear on my records after a few months as the stylus pulled it out of the grooves and felt like little balls of grit

which caused futher damage to the records and would slip on the mat on reaching a missing bit causing the record to dragged by stylus

Morale of the story, DONT BUY FU***D RECORDS

Happy Hunting

Garry

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert