Tami Lynn -oi Mace

Mike

can you please forward this to MACE:

i read your 2/21/05 post on tami lynn, fayette 45 nobody wants you.../trouble child. i asked her about it last week and she does not recall singing this. do you have any other info...maybe a recording date, producer, etc.

by the way, a long interview with tami will soon appear on "in the basement."

thanks,

-george

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

can you please forward this to MACE:

i read your 2/21/05 post on tami lynn, fayette 45 nobody wants you.../trouble child. i asked her about it last week and she does not recall singing this. do you have any other info...maybe a recording date, producer, etc.

by the way, a long interview with tami will soon appear on "in the basement."

thanks,

-george

hi mike think mr stevie Z also has or had a copy of this , pat had one on his auction NOT LONG AGOi,ll send you scan of it ! :yes:

cheers

STEVE T

Social source share

Think Stevie Z has different version of 'Nobody wants you...' as I asked him about this version a few months back and he said he did not know it.

Will dig mine out of whatever box it's hidden in sometime this week for info and take photos of labels (no scanner)

Bought it off ebay for a few dollars and then saw it on Cotswold Records for £500 a few weeks later, so contacted Ady Pierce about it and he told me is was her debut and very rare.

Seen another one since on ebay which fetched about £80 if my memory serves me right.

Pretty unknown - great versions of both tunes.

Social source share

...cus I'm a saddo who has nowt better to do I've just dug it out...all info on label as below.....pics to follow in week unless Steve Thomas has posted scans from Pats auction?

TAMI LYNN

FAYETTE (D.J. Copy)

F-1632-N

Nobody wants you (when you're down and out) (2.45)

Credited to Jimmie Cox

Pickwick Music Corp ASCAP

F-1631-T

Trouble Child (2.29)

Credited to Barbara Mason

Mary Hill Music

Stilran Music

BMI

Engraved matrix numbers in deadwax each side that match the numbers printed on label on either side (as denoted above)

Virtue engraved both sides in deadwax

Letter R stamped both sides in deadwax

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...cus I'm a saddo who has nowt better to do I've just dug it out...all info on label as below.....pics to follow in week unless Steve Thomas has posted scans from Pats auction?

TAMI LYNN

FAYETTE (D.J. Copy)

F-1632-N

Nobody wants you (when you're down and out) (2.45)

Credited to Jimmie Cox

Pickwick Music Corp ASCAP

F-1631-T

Trouble Child (2.29)

Credited to Barbara Mason

Mary Hill Music

Stilran Music

BMI

Engraved matrix numbers in deadwax each side that match the numbers printed on label on either side (as denoted above)

Virtue engraved both sides in deadwax

Letter R stamped both sides in deadwax

Mace - When I interviewed Tamie (which is what she goes by) about a year ago, she told me that the Fayette single was not by her. She was still living in New Orleans when this record came out, and everything about it points to Fayette being a Philly label.

She had already recorded and released her first single on AFO (as Tammy Lynn) in 1963. The Fayette single came out in 1965, so even if it was by her it wouldn't have been her first record, as Adey Pierce says it is.

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!