Allnighters - Less Enthusiasm In Summer?

Guest ShaneH

Guest ShaneH

don't get me wrong I love allnighters but i would sometimes rather do other things when the weather is good.

I just feel like I have wasted a sunday if spent wrecked at home with the curtains drawn and the phone off the hook :thumbsup:

I am sure the enthusiasm will return once the cold days return :P

What do others think?

i do notice that attendances are down over the summer due to holidays etc but I am sure a few feel the same as me.

Shane

Social source share

• Replies 72
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

don't get me wrong I love allnighters but i would sometimes rather do other things when the weather is good.

I just feel like I have wasted a sunday if spent wrecked at home with the curtains drawn and the phone off the hook :thumbsup:

What do others think?

i do notice that attendances are down over the summer due to holidays etc but I am sure a few feel the same as me.

Shane

=================

Maybe people just aren't as excited by nighters as they were full stop. Certainly true in my case. Would love to do them every week still, but my recovery rate gets slower and slower, and doing a nighter impacts on the rest of the week. Sure they'll be posts saying it's cos of the music policy (oldies v newies......again!) but maybe part of it is to do with getting older?

On the original point, whether summer affects them, I would say yes, people on holiday etc, and with so little real sun in England, maybe some like to make the most of it?

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Guest sharynm

What do others think?

Shane

I agree with you Shane. Would much rather be doing something else while the sun is shining than being in bed all day on a Sunday. Takes too long to recover now too. We did go to Almwich and Mr Thomas did promise me a trip to the beach but we never got there as I was asleep all day!

just trying to keep on top of the garden in the summer is a full time job...........now I really do sound old and sad! :P

Social source share

What do others think?

Shane

What a gay..... :P

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

is it just pollen that is high this time of year or are we having record levels of testosterone too? :thumbsup::P

Shane

What a gay..... :P

blimey!

he attends his 4 allnighter this year and all of a sudden he is the main man :P

see ya soon paul

Shane

Social source share

Shane your just a big girls blouse :thumbsup:

I must admit though i do feel about ten times worse on a sunday if its a really hot sunny day after a nighter.

Sod it i aint going Middleton im off round Shanes on Sunday for tea & crumpets and to discuss how his geraniums, are coming along :P

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Shane your just a big girls blouse :P

I must admit though i do feel about ten times worse on a sunday if its a really hot sunny day after a nighter.

Sod it i aint going Middleton im off round Shanes on Sunday for tea & crumpets and to discuss how his geraniums, are coming along :P

:P

you are welcome baz. i have set up the swingball and bought one of those swimming pools from argos :P

this thread is a great way to show what real men you all are :thumbsup:

Shane

Social source share

is it just pollen that is high this time of year or are we having record levels of testosterone too? :thumbsup::P

Shane

blimey!

he attends his 4 allnighter this year and all of a sudden he is the main man :P

see ya soon paul

Shane

Paul, thats his standard reply to anybody who has a go :D

He can only get out every other weekend anyway, and before he mentions the 100 Club, he's down there "courting" in any event.

No doubt he'll be at the freebie Ponds Forge, as he's not fallen out or upset anyone there like he has at several other venues :P

And Shane, before you start I've been working :D:P

Social source share

Cant imagine what its gonna` be like,for you when you get to my age :P might as well give me you records,as you`ll be totaly fukced and too lazy,too play em` :thumbsup:

Social source share

:P

you are welcome baz. i have set up the swingball and bought one of those swimming pools from argos :P

this thread is a great way to show what real men you all are :P

Shane

:P Swingball now thats a great sport :D

Time to felx muscles :thumbsup:

See quite a big downturn at the 100 club last month, but due to 2 other nighters on and a blistering hot day, along with the england game its going to affect nighters/nights, i do notice in the summer alot of soul nights are affected early doors as people tent to turn up later in the summer months, where as most nighters tend to start later once its cooled down abit.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Ignore them Shane - they're just posturing trying to look tough. It's absolutely pathetic. Nobody's counting, there's no merit badge to sew on your sleeve for nighter attendance.

Like Shane I'm comfortable enough with my masculinity to come on here and say in front of all of you...

I'm a little girlie, I don't like allnighters, I want a suntan, I want to spend the sunny days in the garden, I want my Mommy waah waah waah

Shut it Shane you big Yorkshire tart or stay away from my manor

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Summer, nor wild horses would keep me away from the 100.

you go steady Ian you big macho man. every 6 weeks is some feat! :thumbsup::P

Shane

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

=================

Maybe people just aren't as excited by nighters as they were full stop. Certainly true in my case. Would love to do them every week still, but my recovery rate gets slower and slower, and doing a nighter impacts on the rest of the week. Sure they'll be posts saying it's cos of the music policy (oldies v newies......again!) but maybe part of it is to do with getting older?

Winnie:-)

true enough for me too! heart willing but the rest of me.....................knackered,

as my son says im an old lad and hes taller than me!!!

when i think what i used to get up 2 to when i was a lad :thumbsup:

nevertheless going to give myself a treat at the weekend going to middleton.

Will post again in August when i get over it :P Steve

Social source share

actually I prefer nighters in the summer as you don't have to take a coat and/or warm clothing with you

its a bit frightening for everyone that happens to see me in daylight once the nighter is over though :thumbsup:

unfortunately its not the seasons that affect my nighter attendances - its my beautiful little babies...

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

or stay away from my manor

Help! Help! We've been colonised by Scousers. :thumbsup:

Ignore him Shane, he only likes staying up all night so he can go cruising on the Sunday morning outside Turnmills. :secret:

Social source share

Help! Help! We've been colonised by Scousers. :P

Ignore him Shane, he only likes staying up all night so he can go cruising on the Sunday morning outside Turnmills. :secret:

IS THERE A BOATING LAKE OUTSIDE TURNMILLS THEN :thumbsup: Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

IS THERE A BOATING LAKE OUTSIDE TURNMILLS THEN :thumbsup:

Not that I recall, maybe they drive up and down on scooters looking for rough trade?

Social source share

I love coming out of a nighter in to the blazeing sun, just still has that feel of being into somthing that no one else understands, except fellow soulies, its just feels like ime 18 again , ime 46 now and anything that makes you feel like that is worth every penny,

Social source share

:wicked: that shite, family constraints ... :lol:

Besides it's every 4 weeks and not missed one since 97. :P

Yes but you`ve been nowere else since :lol: nighter-wise anyway :lol:

Social source share

Yes but you`ve been nowere else since :wicked: nighter-wise anyway :lol:

Kiddnap him and bring him up Middleton Ken :lol: I've got some duct tape you can use :lol:

Social source share

Yes but you`ve been nowere else since :P nighter-wise anyway :lol:

Strewth gis a chance was only last week! Or are you saying since 97'? Cos thats a crock, been to other nighters since then :yes: Rocket ... :P

Baz, I'll tell you what to do with that tape mate :lol:

Only joking ... If you two ever have kids .. Not together like ! :wicked::lol::P

Social source share

Strewth gis a chance was only last week! Or are you saying since 97'? Cos thats a crock, been to other nighters since then :yes: Rocket ... :P

Baz, I'll tell you what to do with that tape mate :lol:

Only joking ... If you two ever have kids .. Not together like ! :wicked::lol::P

Rokcet :P kids why not together,at least they`ll have duel-nationalitys,British+Siamese :lol:

Social source share

:lol: that shite, family constraints ... :wicked:

Besides it's every 4 weeks and not missed one since 97

Simsy cant believe I don't know who you are.We never missed a 100 club since 1992 except over the last 18 months due to me having had two ops amd waiting for a third.Hoping to go to anniversary though and later in the year.Do you always sit in the same place/stand/

Used to see Kirsty there all the time

Social source share

Simsy cant believe I don't know who you are.We never missed a 100 club since 1992 except over the last 18 months due to me having had two ops amd waiting for a third.Hoping to go to anniversary though and later in the year.Do you always sit in the same place/stand/

Used to see Kirsty there all the time

:wicked::lol:

gallery_2216_93_8112.jpg

Social source share

Prefer niters in the summer months - Great feel good factor travelling to venue on a summers eve - can take a breather outside (still warm) - dancing at 4.30 am with daylight appearing through curtains - but best of all when you leave it's daylight....... :P

Dunno what age got to do with anything - I'm in my 40's ( you didn't hear that) :lol: dance quite a bit and have still have energy next day :wicked:

Think it's all in the mind meself...... :lol:

Steve - won't spill the beans bout what you got upto when you were a wee lad.. :lol: see you at Middleton... is Tracey - Tony & Sharon going ?

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Thanks for photo.

Which one is you? the one on the right.

We always sit in front of Butch's sale table[if we can] with Tony and Jayne from London and Bev. Always danced a lot to Butch's spot.

simsy is on the left. or is that nick cotton?

i am confused :wicked::lol:

Shane

Social source share

Thanks for photo.

Which one is you? the one on the right.

We always sit in front of Butch's sale table[if we can] with Tony and Jayne from London and Bev. Always danced a lot to Butch's spot.

Blimey you sit right behind Ian then, he's on the right (the shady looking character :wicked: )

We usually sit on the back wall near the sales table on the corner of the dance floor :lol:

Social source share

hi Monique, it won't let me reply to your post...

I've not been to the 100 club regularly for years - probably since Simsy started going regularly. I like you had NEVER seen him anywhere until he talked to me about football at the Buzzard reunion at Easter.

I'm sure I would recognise you, tho I can't place the name. :wicked:

Unfortunately I'm still a tall gobby ginger bird..... :lol:

Am also hoping to get down for the anniversary, so maybe I'll see you then :lol:

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

[

Dunno what age got to do with anything - I'm in my 40's ( you didn't hear that) :lol: dance quite a bit and have still have energy next day :yes:

Think it's all in the mind meself...... :lol:

Steve - won't spill the beans bout what you got upto when you were a wee lad.. :lol: see you at Middleton... is Tracey - Tony & Sharon going ?

Karen

Social source share

I just feel like I have wasted a sunday if spent wrecked at home with the curtains drawn and the phone off the hook :lol:

I am sure the enthusiasm will return once the cold days return :wicked:

What do others think?

Shane

Hi Shane,it is a little hot at the moment....BUT Perhaps allnighters are not playing the records you like at this time???ATB Stevie

Social source share

Hi Shane,it is a little hot at the moment....BUT Perhaps allnighters are not playing the records you like at this time???ATB Stevie

Allnighters IMO are well ahead of the game, 100 club, lifeline, Wilton, Middleton ect all constantly breaking new tunes, with staple nighter tunes mixed in, couldn't be better IMO giving you good dancable music.

Social source share

Allnighters IMO are well ahead of the game, 100 club, lifeline, Wilton, Middleton ect all constantly breaking new tunes, with staple nighter tunes mixed in, couldn't be better IMO giving you good dancable music.

Hi Baz ...constantly breaking new tunes....my cuppa....any examples? :lol: ATB Stevie

Social source share

Hi Baz ...constantly breaking new tunes....my cuppa....any examples? :wicked: ATB Stevie

Plenty from the likes of Butch, Dean, Ady, Chalky, Andy, Mick, Sam, to name a few as well as plenty of lesser known DJ's playing somthing differnt, you need to be out there :lol:

Social source share

Plenty from the likes of Butch, Dean, Ady, Chalky, Andy, Mick, Sam, to name a few as well as plenty of lesser known DJ's playing somthing differnt, you need to be out there :lol:

Hi Baz...sorry for not being clear :lol: I meant as in tunes being played and titles ,so that I may try and track them down and try to add them to my collection... if not too expensive :wicked: ATB Stevie

Social source share

kirsty its Sue always go with the husband Chris

We used to chat all the time at different allnighter for years..

Ian must sit at the table by the post on the dancefloor so I know who it is.Well i never!! :lol:

I remember you two! Hope you're both well - or on the mend at the very least! I'm sure our paths will cross again one day soon xxxx

Social source share

Hi Baz...sorry for not being clear :lol: I meant as in tunes being played and titles ,so that I may try and track them down and try to add them to my collection... if not too expensive :wicked: ATB Stevie

Ah well thats why im out there doing the work and keeping them to myself :lol: will share them once i secure a copy :lol:

Social source share

What a load of shite,if we all thought like that the scene would collapse every summer very much doubt it will affect middleton as we are very much a hardcore niter and lightweight is more your category shane. :wicked:

I'm exactly the same as Shane ... I perfer to do other things in the summer (although I don't get to many nighters anyway) but given the choice I'd rather go away to the seaside for the weekend than, like Shane said, spend it cabbaged on a sunday :lol:

Social source share

I just feel like I have wasted a sunday if spent wrecked at home with the curtains drawn and the phone off the hook :lol:

I am sure the enthusiasm will return once the cold days return :wicked:

What do others think?

Shane

I go just as many Nighters in the summer as i do in the winter but as i fish a lot more matches in the summer than in winter i get the best of both worlds, nighter followed by a days fishing sat in the sun. but i,m wrecked on a tue in work.

Steve

Social source share

I go just as many Nighters in the summer as i do in the winter but as i fish a lot more matches in the summer than in winter i get the best of both worlds, nighter followed by a days fishing sat in the sun. but i,m wrecked on a tue in work.

Steve

Hi Steve ,you fish for matches?Last time I went fishing was on Anglesey with Steve Thomas and Lydia...ATB Stevie
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!