Little Dooley - You Twine So Fine (Baylor)

Philt

Strands is SOLD so just the one left now ...

Little Dooley & the Fabulous Tears - you twine so fine (Baylor) yellow issue

You seem to see LD's other 45s pretty frequently but not this gritty-edged all-nighter groover for some reason and it's the one to have IMHO

Condition is vg++

Labels a tad grubby maybe but nothing too significant at all and no pen, tears, stickers etc.
Vinyl has v light scuffs here n there but nothing of any real note and dnap; plays loud n proud

Min bid £350

Someone has very kindly posted a clip below. I'll gladly sort scans and play it over the phone for anyone who's seriously interested and needs to hear it. Money back if you're unhappy of course. I'll do postage in the UK and it'll be SD.

End 6pm Sunday or sooner if I get a price I think is fair for it.

PM offers / interest.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by PhilT
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Two absolute crackers up for grabs.

1. The Strands - the breeze from the trees (Tarx)

Clip below not my copy

First up a genuinely rare record; took me ages to get hold of a copy after first hearing it circa '86 (Keb I think it was)

Finally managed to source a M- copy so letting this one go.

Condition is a really solid vg+ (check my feedback, I tend not to over-egg the pudding grading-wise).

Labels both sides are really clean

Vinyl has some surface marks, one or two of which you can hear occasionally but doesn't ruin the thing IMHO. So, it ain't mint but neither is it a trashed or beat-up copy by any means. As I say, proper rare record.

Min Bid £500

2. Little Dooley & the Fabulous Tears - you twine so fine (Baylor) yellow issue

In refosoul I think. You seem to see LD's other 45s pretty frequently but not this gritty-edged all-nighter groover for some reason and it's the one to have IMHO

Condition is vg++

Labels a tad grubby maybe but nothing too significant at all and no pen, tears, stickers etc.

Vinyl has v light scuffs here n there which dnap, plays loud n proud

Min bid £350

I can't do clips at the mo I'm afraid but I'll gladly sort scans and play record(s) over the phone for anyone who's seriously interested.

Money back if you're unhappy of course. I'll do postage on both of these and it'll be SD / signed for.

I'll let these run until 6pm Sunday or sooner if I get a price I think is fair for either or both. PM offers / interest. Cheers

Social source share

I've had my little Dooley issue for over twenty years I used to also have a white demo which was cracked , so I got rid of it . I've never seen any others for sale in all that time it's not on YouTube and I don't think it is in refosoul I may be wrong but it is a seriously rare record

little dooley - you twine so fine.mp3

Edited by Soul Shaw
Social source share

Thanks so much for that mate, really appreciate it!

I'd agree absolutely on it being a rare record. I did have a demo some time ago which ended up with Ian Cunliffe who still plays it out when he DJs. (He's had some tackle over the years for sure but never had this before; he also thinks its dog rare). If I can raise what I need elsewhere I'll gladly hang onto it to be honest.

cheers

Phil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!