One Show BBC

Gave it a miss, washing my hair.. Some of you must be the type of folk who like to stop when they see a bad car crash too :huh: .....

I think i can live without seeing it for now......Plenty more to come i guess with the film on the way......

I bet the folk who peddle northern soul tat are getting moist...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Don't panic.........the one shows shit & no one watches it............I bet there's one tosser at work who does watch it & he'll tell the rest of the lads & they'll love taking the piss :(

You don't have to go to work for that Martyn. :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gave it a miss, washing my hair.. Some of you must be the type of folk who like to stop when they see a bad car crash too :huh: .....

I think i can live without seeing it for now......Plenty more to come i guess with the film on the way......

I bet the folk who peddle northern soul tat are getting moist...

You were on it owd lad.!! Wearing the same shirt again.!!! :lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest BAKUNIN

What is this obsession with putting Northern Soul in the" shop window"......if you do that then its up there to be shot at...cannot help thinking there is a bit of "look at me" about it.

Does not make me want to follow it..makes me want to leave it...but I wont because I love the music. 

Social source share

What is this obsession with putting Northern Soul in the" shop window"......if you do that then its up there to be shot at...cannot help thinking there is a bit of "look at me" about it.

Does not make me want to follow it..makes me want to leave it...but I wont because I love the music. 

That's blown the underground scene.!! :elvis:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So anybody got anything good to say about it then ?

I enjoyed it, yeah, quite a few embarrassing bits, but I did like seeing folk that I know shuffling away.

It wasn't meant to be a documentary, just light hearted entertainment, & if it helps the film "Northern Soul" be a success, then fair play.

The scene portrayed is a million miles away from the scene that I grew up in during the mid 80's/early 90's, but it's clearly a scene that, in the main, many young folk/returnees feel a big part of now, so good luck to them, let them enjoy their soul journey, as I enjoyed mine, & as I'm still enjoying away from the TV cameras

Regards

Ali :thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

So anybody got anything good to say about it then ?

The young blokes were great dancers though.

This is the final proof surely that the only way the dance side of this scene will ever translate to film, is via stylish, fit, attractive and passionate youngsters.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!