One Show BBC

Guest BAKUNIN

No real comment on the One Show to be honest but I  would just like to thank some of you for your comments I've not laughed so much in ages infact tears running down my face, I was waiting for Martyn Clunes to ask the question 'What's Northern Soul then' lol well if he was to ask me the answer would be 'Fucked if I know anymore' 

Love that Mark...classic!.......................

ATB

ROB SAWETZ

Social source share

Was slowly starting to get won over to the Elaine Constantine film thingy but not any more after that.

Bang goes any credibility that the film or she had IMO. 

Soulboy part 2.

And what was all that about with the flowery hat?

Whoa, hold on a minute, I've got one of those.

I wear it if I do any welding, stops the sparks burning me bald bits.   :D   :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I enjoyed it, yeah, quite a few embarrassing bits, but I did like seeing folk that I know shuffling away.

It wasn't meant to be a documentary, just light hearted entertainment, & if it helps the film "Northern Soul" be a success, then fair play.

Regards

Ali :thumbsup:

Thats the rub Alison there should,nt be any embarasing bits . However I love your optimism :hatsoff2: but if thats what helps the film then gawd elp us :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gave it a miss, washing my hair.. Some of you must be the type of folk who like to stop when they see a bad car crash too :huh: .....

I think i can live without seeing it for now......Plenty more to come i guess with the film on the way......

I bet the folk who peddle northern soul tat are getting moist...

You were on it Steve!!! :lol:

Numerous clips, not all Wigan, & I spotted you in a dancehall clip

Regards

Ali

Social source share

Thats the rub Alison there should,nt be any embarasing bits . However I love your optimism :hatsoff2: but if thats what helps the film then gawd elp us :)

Thing is Mark, it's embarrassing to us, a mature audience I would think, but to some of the young ones today, they would find it cool

The irony for me, is that I left the Mod Scene in the 80's (because I was tired of wearing the uniform) to join the, what I called at the time, "Northern Soul Scene" & was over the moon that I could still hear fabulous black music & not have to wear any "uniform" but hey, times have clearly changed, I still refuse to wear a uniform, but if others want to then that's their choice

Regards

Ali

Edited by Alison H
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Whoa, hold on a minute, I've got one of those.

I wear it if I do any welding, stops the sparks burning me bald bits.   :D   :lol:

Had to laugh as I'm a slightly bald welder  :yes:  :D

Is Flowery hat rhyming slang.?

Yes :thumbsup:

Social source share

What a surprise :lol: ...

Why put yourself through it Phil.... It aint like 1973, we have loads of channles now... 

I didn't Steve. The tv was just on and I'd forgotten all about it, don't look Ethel, but it was too late. Now I'm so depressed. 

We we just look so uncool now. I don't like being old.  :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thing is Mark, it's embarrassing to us, a mature audience I would think, but to some of the young ones today, they would find it cool (as they haven't known anything else)

The irony for me, is that I left the Mod Scene in the 80's (because I was tired of wearing the uniform) to join the, what I called at the time, "Northern Soul Scene" & was over the moon that I could still hear fabulous black music & not have to wear any "uniform" but hey, times have clearly changed, I still refuse to wear a uniform, but if others want to then that's their choice

Regards

Ali

Call me a grumpy old bugger but I dont want youngsters on the scene at all and as for the comedy mods on the scooter scene arghhhhh :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Call me a grumpy old bugger but I dont want youngsters on the scene at all and as for the comedy mods on the scooter scene arghhhhh :lol:

Well I do, not necessarily where I go, but because my ex has a nice record collection that needs to be passed on, & the music kept alive (god I sound a right stiff :lol:)

Regards

Ali

Edited by Alison H
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

What's wrong with everyone on here. It's just a television program. With some soul music getting played and a few people dancing in the background. Oh I forgot it wasn't approved by the soul police. Steve

Yeah perhaps you're right. You haven't got a massive great big badge with Northern Soul on it I could borrow have you?

Social source share

No real comment on the One Show to be honest but I  would just like to thank some of you for your comments I've not laughed so much in ages infact tears running down my face, I was waiting for Martyn Clunes to ask the question 'What's Northern Soul then' lol well if he was to ask me the answer would be 'Fucked if I know anymore' 

Clunes would have getting the usual tedious reply,'if i told you you still wouldn't understand' KOKO, KTF etc etc

Social source share

To all you so call dancers who have just done The One Show well I have been asked to appear in Casualty so you can all suck my knobbly stump and shit! I am to play a bloke dancing to Northernsoul who slips a disc and shit! I told em I wasn't a DJ but they insist on me slippin a disc and shit so who's fookin stoopid now!!! IN YOUR FACE IN YOUR FACE IN YOUR FACE  

now now simon lol

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest nightowl111

There's a few on that show who have been on the scene for quite a while and should know better than promote , what we have tried so long to protect,  divs

Social source share

Guest BAKUNIN

There's a few on that show who have been on the scene for quite a while and should know better than promote , what we have tried so long to protect,  divs

Well said pal.

Social source share

Guest nightowl111

Worst of all there were 3 supposed world no dance champions on there lol. All that was missing were the handbags lol

Social source share

Guest Trevski

They always get the "Me! Me! Me" I'll prostitute myself to be on telly" utter wankers, don't they?

post-1355-0-82717200-1395868906_thumb.jp

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Well, I heard Bob and Frank and Al, but where was Marvin? At least with Dobie and Sandy etc the sound track was true to the 1970's. I think the presenters made total idiots of themselves so the soulies came across as just plain dumb by comparison. Not impressed with Elaine's contribution despite the nice dress. There were a couple of good dancers in the background but plenty featuring in the clips need to put in more 'bedroom mirror time'. At least the film promises to be worth seeing but the One Show feature will have done nothing to appeal to an outside audience. The three segments all made for uncomfortable viewing so the less said the better and maybe folk will soon forget this pointless episode.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!