One Show BBC

Bloody better than Marc Arsemond's version.

The folk music and NS connection goes way back to Tony Palmers This England documentary where ther was more folk music than soul played another load of media shite .

Not to bad a version of Tainted love though :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest east rob

This is the final proof surely that the only way the dance side of this scene will ever translate to film, is via stylish, fit, attractive and passionate youngsters.

stylish?? more fancy dress than Mr benns shop. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Byrney

The one burning question that remains unanswered after tonight's show is what flavour crisps make the best sandwich.  My money is on Salt and Vinegar.

Walkers cheese and onion, white bread with butter, .75 of a standard size bag on the bottom slice with the top compressed to half it's height, the rest of the crisps nibbled mid sarney.

I liked the bit about aphids...

Social source share

Guest Trevski

World Champion floor work if you don't mind... Personally, If The Shoe Fits, then wear it rather than trashy trainers...How foolish does this youngster feel I wonder?

Foolish? He's probably proud as fook of himself......they don't possess the gene that registers 'shame'...none of the self-promoting wannabe something, anything, gang that always appear on such shite do....

Social source share

I've not seen it yet. Doubt I'll bother. But it won't alter my choice of venues and events.

Gave it a miss, washing my hair.. Some of you must be the type of folk who like to stop when they see a bad car crash too :huh: .....

I think i can live without seeing it for now......Plenty more to come i guess with the film on the way......

I bet the folk who peddle northern soul tat are getting moist...

Social source share

There's many a time people on this scene baffle me, but not half as much as the  "lets smash up all the existing ivory" folk ........?

I'm with the sane man who seemed to be making a logical arguement that by reducing the quantity of ivory will only make the illegal ivory all the more rare & desirable, and of course higher priced, hence more reason for poachers, same as going round smashing copies of the rarest of the rare 45's.

But wait, as long as the royals have given it there seal of approval, that'll make the chinese not want to have ivory any more and all the elephants will live out the remaining ten years until they all die off ????

Now if we can get those 'no longer needed' ivory crushering machines around the UK smashing up all the TMG's they can find, my knackered old ones will fetch a fortune and I won't have to go to china to flog them, or better still sell the crushing machines and use the money to pay for more armed guards to keep the elephants safe

Good point John. :thumbsup: News at Ten now - want to see what they have to say on the One show…..and the controversy :lol: 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Gave it a miss, washing my hair.. Some of you must be the type of folk who like to stop when they see a bad car crash too :huh: .....

I think i can live without seeing it for now......Plenty more to come i guess with the film on the way......

I bet the folk who peddle northern soul tat are getting moist...

We're gonna be millionaires Rodney

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

How much would you pay for the Crisp Sandwich then?

There's a newspaper front page doing the rounds on Facebook about a bloke who will do anything for crisps.... :huh:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Look forward to seeing the film... 

I wish the screenplay had gone the same way as Dr Johnson's dictionary in that episode of Blackadder....I'm sure Baldricks version couldn't be any worse than what we have "coming to a cinema near you soon"....

Social source share

How much would you pay for the Crisp Sandwich then?

Steve

that would depend on whether it's an original makers crisp or one of them bootleg supermarket brands I suppose. I'm a bit fussy on the crisp front being the only member of  O.C.O. Brigade....

.....original crisps only :g:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

Watch the One Show next week, Tour-de-France special, featuring people riding Penny Farthings, then an insight into Formula One racing , featuring a bloke who collects scalectrix and Dinky toys, followed by "The Cutting Edge of British Fashion", ending with crinolines and top hats. The presenters then act like children's TV 'stars' from Blue Peter and give 'Limited Edition Badges' to some people wearing fancy dress and dance about a bit. The highlight of the show is a lad who has collected over 5 pencil sharpeners being crowned as a 'World Champion'. Finally, the talented presenters eat some cake and say yum-yum, Entertainment and journalism at its very best.

Social source share

It was only a few years ago that The One Show did another feature on Northern Soul,  Did it much better this time.

Probably the only reason for repeating the topic so soon was the massive plug for the film.

Edited by AlanB
Social source share

Get ready for the Facebook backlash against "Soul Source slagging off the One Show", after all, we can't say anything good about anything can we, nasty bastards that we are...

The annoying thing is Pete, there's just as much pxss taking on FB as there is here (it can be more vicious on FB actually!) but because there's say 20 + different pxss taking threads going on there, that not everyone sees, & only one here it's easy to focus on the Soul Source thread & slate it on Facebook. If Facebook is so wonderful (& Soul Source so bad) & Facebookers are not bothered about what Soul Sourcers think, why the heck do they still come on here to read the threads!!!! The mind boggles

• Helpful 2
Social source share

If Facebook is so wonderful (& Soul Source so bad) & Facebookers are not bothered about what Soul Sourcers think, why the heck do they still come on here to read the threads!!!!

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

The annoying thing is Pete, there's just as much pxss taking on FB as there is here (it can be more vicious on FB actually!) but because there's say 20 + different pxss taking threads going on there, that not everyone sees, & only one here it's easy to focus on the Soul Source thread & slate it on Facebook. If Facebook is so wonderful (& Soul Source so bad) & Facebookers are not bothered about what Soul Sourcers think, why the heck do they still come on here to read the threads!!!! The mind boggles

Alison My mind boggles too.  

Social source share

Totally gutted, only watched it to see if Alex Jones wore BIG PANTS

Dave

She showed her pants the other week on the show - they were polka dot as seen on many Northern dance floors around the country, only several times smaller

• Helpful 1
Social source share

She showed her pants the other week on the show - they were polka dot as seen on many Northern dance floors around the country, only several times smaller

Thanks for letting me know is there a You Tube clip ? LOL

I wonder if the nutter with the flowery hat shares the same gentleman's outfitter as Ted Massey ?

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Deary, deary me!!

Most of the comments on here are just what I expected from you lot of tired old chinstrokers!! 

Even one who says he doesn't want youngsters on the scene!! FFS!!

Nice programme and thanks boys and girls............. you did us proud!!

I know its terrible isn't it.? 40 years of listening to groundbreaking soul music,up and down motorways,early morning stop offs ,missing work on Mondays...all for the culmination that is the One Show. :lol: . I like youngsters on the scene btw.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

FANTASTIC!!!!!...........who was that with the tats  showing Matt not to bright,how ta dance..........a pretty good representation  of the northern soul scene!...........are they gonna do a peice about the soul scene?

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I know its terrible isn't it.? 40 years of listening to groundbreaking soul music,up and down motorways,early morning stop offs ,missing work on Mondays...all for the culmination that is the One Show. :lol: . I like youngsters on the scene btw.

How young? :wicked:  :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!