K-Mart Records – March 2014 Sales List

Karlm

For soundfiles, grading info etc go to.

https://karlmarthon.wordpress.com/2014/03/27/march-2014-record-sales/

PM to reserve!

Modern/Disco/Funk/Northern Soul 45’s

Lucy Stone - Giving love instead of gold - Fire Mountain / EX / OFFERS over £400 (Big demand for this Spaceark related 45. So hard to find 1980 LA release.)

Jimmie Ellis - Baby I love you - Ride / EX / £400 (Highly sought after gritty crossover soul. Very hard to find in this super clean condition.)

Mind & Matter - Sunshine lady / I’m under your spell - M&M / EX / £350 (Superb copy of this classic modern soul 45, which used to be super rare. Now in vogue again with Numero Uno just releasing some previously unissued sides by this group.)

James Monroe - Frontiersman of the galaxy - Magic Touch / EX / £250 (Super rare 1977 Chicago release, and an excellent quirky crossover soul dancer. Clean copy!)

Troy Johnson - I want you - Soul Beat / EX/VG / £250 (Evergreen LA modern soul dancer. Nice copy but with a couple of small issues - both sides of the label has some light stains. Still looks neat. The less interesting flipside has a long scuff which is inaudible except in the last seconds of the outro.)

Jay Player - Love is the answer - Bevnik / VG+ / £200 (Classic 1982 modern soul dancer. Vinyl has some light marks but plays well.)

J.B. Bingham - All alone by the telephone - UA / EX / £150 (Promo copy of this stone modern soul classic. In beautiful shape and complete with company sleeve.)

Checkmates Ltd - All alone by the telephone - Polydor / EX / £50 (The group version with slighter fuller production, essential dancer. White demo, comes in company sleeve. Stereo side has tiny writing.)

Emanuel Laskey - I’d rather leave on my feet - DT / VG+ / £125 (Vinyl is EX except a mark on the long version side creating some faint occasional pops towards the end of the song.)

Living Color - Plastic people - Sophisticated Funk / EX / £100 (Indemand funky soul dancer.)

Mister - I wanna thank you - Starville / EX / £90 (Excellent Chicago modern soul 45.)

Laventille Movement - Party people / Rock, rock, rock, rock on - East Dry River / EX / £80 (Two excellent sides of party friendly disco funk. As new copy!)

Horizon - They don’t make-em like you - AAA / EX/EX / £80 (Super rare first press of this modern soul gem. Orange and yellow label and complete with picture sleeve. The orange/black lettering label copies usually seen is a second press.)

La Voyage - Never lookin back - Trans A / EX / £75 (Sought after modern soul dancer.)

W. King Cole - I wonder why - Micron / VG / £75 (Jamaica original of this crossover soul dancer. Red and green label copy. Vinyl has many light marks but plays ok with just minimal, occasional distractions. Label is worse with writing, staining and tear.)

Mellow Decision - Accept me in your life / Do what you want to - Melodycision / VG / £60 (Rare Michigan soul, one side is a ballad the other side is funky disco. Vinyl has many light marks and the ballad side plays with occasional light surface noise. Disco side plays better.)

Malcom’s Locks - Get up stand up - Old Town / EX / £50 (Clubby soul version of the Bob Marley hit.)

Ray Munnings - It could happen to you - Tammi / EX / £45 (UK original of this excellent Miami disco funk dancer. Promo copy in great shape.)

Leno Phillips - I like my birdie - Dash / VG / £45 (Heavy Miami disco funk. Vinyl has plenty of light marks.  Plays with some light background noise in the first part of the intro then clean.)

Leo’s Sunshipp - Give me the sunshine - Lyon’s / VG+ / £40 (Alternative 45 only version of this classic. Long version side looks clean but plays a little bit crackly.)

Gene Pharr & Friends - More than I could stand - Sandollar / EX / £40 (Rare North Carolina group version of the Bobby Womack song. Flipside has writing on label, a dedication by the artist.)

Nite Breeze - So much love - Dazzler / EX / £40 (Jazzy stepper.)

Mr Kofé - Part of the good life / The land of lost and found - Debko / EX / £35 (Classic 1984 Chicago double header. The naughty Soul Bowl boys has scratched out the address off the label.)

Clarence Mann - Show me girl - California Gold / EX / £35 (White demo of this rare 1985 Hollywood modern soul dancer.)

George Franklin Smallwood - Disco lady / The best love of my life - Smallwood / VG / £30 (Just lovely double header with one dance and one slow side. Vinyl has scattered light marks. “Disco lady” side plays with light noise and pops in the beginning before clearing up nicely. Slow side plays slightly worse being pressed lower, noise is also mostly present in the intro on this side before cleaning up ok.)

David Nevin - The maze / Keep your love alive - Pardner / EX / £30 (Classy modern soul double header.)

Noah - Got to get away - Candy-Stix / VG / £30 (Midtempo modern soul dancer. Vinyl has jukebox swirl but plays well.)

Winfield Parker - I wanna be with you - P&L / EX / £25 (Modern soul evergreen which used to be rare and expensive before copies turned up in the mid 1990’s.)

Love Committee - Am I wasting time / Heaven only knows - Ariola America / EX / £20 (Rather lovely Philly soul dancer only found on the hard to find issue copies. Flipside is nice too.)

Ronnie Love - Let’s make love / Nothing to it - Almeria / EX / £20 (Pink issue copy of this essential modern soul double header.)

Patches - I’m gonna make this world a better place - Phax / EX / £20 (Luther Vandross-esque modern soul dancer.)

Love, Peace & Happiness - Strip me naked - Rca / EX / £20 (Indemand crossover soul!)

Larry Nevilles - This time it’s real - Laray / EX / £20 (Lovely copy!)

Keith & Darrell - Don’t be afraid / You’re my gardener - Tamla / EX / £15 (Two nice slowies by Smokey Robinson nephews.)

Magnetic Touch - Ain’t gonna be a next time - Cheryl / EX / £10 (Superb early Patrick Adams release.)

John Brothers - Try to walk a mile in my shoes / I just wanna be free - Rca / VG+ / £8 (Promo copy of this excellent Philly soul double header. B-side has writing on label.)

Jermaine Jackson - You need to be loved - Motown / EX / £6 (Ace two step! Flip has small sticker.)

Lloyd Price - What did you do with my love - LPG / EX / £6 (Demo of this awesome two stepper.)

Soul/Boogie/Disco 12”

Allan Harris & Perpetual Motion - Get ready / Just let me know - Exact Change / EX / £100 (Tough Washington DC/Al & the Kidd double header, energetic modern soul dancer backed with a beautiful slowie.)

Board of Directors feat. K. C. Stewart - Happy / Hanging Tough - Record Symphony / EX / £100 (Heavy classic disco sound! Both label sides has name from previous owner written with ball point pen.)

Lotti G - What’s it worth - C Sharp / EX / £85 (White label promo original, long version side has tiny writing. Classic NYC boogie.)

Intrigue - I like it - Pressure / EX / £80 (Rare UK boogie.)

Kim Covington - All of my love - Street-Level / VG+ / £80 (Real nice copy with just some sleeve marks mostly found in the run out groove. Plays great.)

Aaron Broomfield - I’m gonna miss you - Mountain / EX / £80 (As new copy still in shrink.)

A High Frequency - Summertime - Nia / EX / £70 (Rare gold label copy with matching sleeve.)

Manhattan Rhythm - EP - Foxy / EX/EX / £70 (Rare and classic four track EP. Includes “Sweet lady”.)

Juggy Jones & Cuba Gooding - Love is a gamble - Jupiter / EX / £35 (Beautiful copy of this quirky modern midtempo track.)

Snow feat. Roxy Carter - Every time you’re around - 2nd To None / EX / £25 (1983 modern soul release with some truly bubbling bass lines. Was one of the first re-releases on the UK Expansion label.)

Blanche Carter -Straight down to the bone - TSOB / EX / £25 (Promo copy of this tough disco banger.)

Fresh Band - Come back lover - Are’N Bee / EX / £20 (Frankford/Wayne stamped original of this classic NYC disco sound.)

Kopper - Time to say goodbye - KMA / VG+ / £10 (Epic two step soul, and a firm favourite of mine. Short version has a few clicks in the outro but it’s all about the long 8:04 version anyways. Initials on label, plain sleeve.)

Soul/Funk/Disco Albums

Black Heart - Jigsaw - Guinness / EX/EX / £90 (Classic Guinness title with the funky “Slow down”. And two superb soul tracks - “So in love” and “Feel the need in me”.)

Bobby Hutton - Piece of the action - Abc / EX/VG+ / £75 (With “Lend a hand”. Rare triangle logo issue. Cover has light damage on upper right corner. If distracting it’s easy to turn it into a cut corner copy.)

Bill Brandon - s/t - Prelude / EX/EX / £70 (Great 1977 soul/disco album. Standouts for me is “Just can’t walk away” and the feel good dancer “You made my life so bright”.)

Greg Clayborn - The G. man from me to you - Gee / EX/NM / £70 (Superb copy still in shrink of this rare 80’s album. With “TLC” and the boogie dancer “Cream puff”. Vinyl is like new but has a slight warp not affecting play.)

Darrell Banks - Is here! - Atco / EX/EX / £70 (Superb copy of this classic 1960’s soul album. “Here comes the tears”, “Open the door to your heart”, “Our love (Is in the pocket)”, “Angel baby”, “Somebody (Somewhere needs you)” etc etc. Mono original with blue and yellow label.)

Darrell Banks - Here to stay - Volt / EX/EX / £35 (Promo copy of this solid Don Davis production. Cover has small cut out hole, apart from that a pristine copy.)

Maxine Brown - Out of sight - Epic / VG+/EX / £70 (Highly sought after album arranged and produced by Mike Terry. With the popular dancer “Don’t leave me baby”. Also includes her great takes on Sam Cooke’s northern soul side “Sugar dumpling”, “Sunny” and Wilson Pickett/Bobby Womack’s “I’m in love”. B-side is clean but vinyl on A-side has cosmetic marks, still plays well. Back of cover has promo stamp. Stereo copy.)

Maxine Brown - We’ll cry together - Commonwealth United / EX/EX / £20(Great looking white label promo copy. With the funky “See and don’t see”)

Willie Hutch - Soul portrait - Rca / VG+/EX / £45 (“Lucky to be loved by you” + “Ain’t gonna stop” and more. Vinyl is clean from scratches but A-side has odd looking staining but plays well. Cover has cut out corner.)

J.J. Barnes & Steve Mancha - Rare stamps - Volt / VG+/EX / £30 (Absolutely solid Detroit soul album! Solid listening throughout. Original release for “Sweet sherry”. Promo copy with promo stamp on back cover. Vinyl has some light sleeve marks but plays well. Label has address stickers from previous owner.)

Bataan - Afrofilipino - Epic/Salsoul / EX/EX / £30 (White label promo copy with programming sticker on sleeve. Cut corner.)

Prince Gideon - Smooth sailing - Hangar / EX/EX / £25 (As new copy still in shrink. With the awesome title track.)

Isley Brothers - Get into something - T-Neck / EX/EX / £25 (Superb promo copy of this 1969 album which is trickier to find than most of their other albums. With “Take inventory” and an array of other good tracks. Cover has programming sticker.)

Oscar Perry - Moods of the man - Crazy Cajun / EX/EX / £15 (1978 album including two superb tracks - “Come on back to me” and “Playboy side of town”. Vinyl looks clean but plays with occasional light background noise, think this is due to a combination of poor quality vinyl and poor mastering.)

Independents - Chuck, Helen, Eric, Maurice - Wand / EX/EX / £10 (With the superior version of “Lucky fellow”, essential crossover sound. Great copy still in shrink.)

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!