Neanderthal Soulie Goes Back To School

Guest Dave Ward

Guest Dave Ward

Me, WC dancer, last All-Nighter at Keele in 1985, still dig around on YT, SS, FB etc. Don't understand Beat Ballad, Crossover, etc. Rooting about on YT tonight and heard this for the first time: WOW ! Carla Thomas I'll Never Stop Loving You. - Label says 1991: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=82rGZ_ONWy8

Edited by Dave Ward
Social source share

Me, WC dancer, last All-Nighter at Keele in 1985, still dig around on YT, SS, FB etc. Don't understand Beat Ballad, Crossover, etc. Rooting about on YT tonight and heard this for the first time: WOW ! Carla Thomas I'll Never Stop Loving You. - Label says 1991: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=82rGZ_ONWy8

Great record Dave.

I guess it's a previous unissued one which Ady put out.

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

Thanks Brav, I'm just surprised this slipped through my ears, 57 years old and I have never heard this before tonight ! You live and learn !!!

Social source share

Thanks Brav, I'm just surprised this slipped through my ears, 57 years old and I have never heard this before tonight ! You live and learn !!!

You need to get out more Dave, it's been played to death on the oldies scene :lol:

Social source share

Agree - top, top tune - how could that not have got a release?!!!! Great piece of digging from Harboro Horace! (or whoever it was).

I sort of agree. They should have released it. But not this version. It definitely sounds like a sparse demo take. Of course that's part of its charm. But I guess the buying public in the 60s wouldn't have liked it like that.

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

You need to get out more Dave, it's been played to death on the oldies scene :lol:

Probably, Brav. My memories of an  'Oldies Scene' was Mr M's. (Which I avoided unless I needed a piss in a reasonably clean bog)! I just haven't heard it before, and in my dance years I would have loved this to death and It would have been a main room sound. Not an oldie ! But as usual on SS I've learned something ! I like the version I posted even though others have said it's sparse, but to continue my education, What are the other versions ?

Edited by Dave Ward
Social source share

Probably, Brav. My memories of an  'Oldies Scene' was Mr M's. (Which I avoided unless I needed a piss in a reasonably clean bog)! I just haven't heard it before, and in my dance years I would have loved this to death and It would have been a main room sound. Not an oldie ! But as usual on SS I've learned something ! I like the version I posted even though others have said it's sparse, but to continue my education, What are the other versions ?

Hi Dave.

Was just a bit of banter but I know what you mean.

It was and still is a great record but am not aware of another version so it looks like I need educating 

Brav

Social source share

Just surprised that anybody had not heard this (great) track. Then again i look through playlists or sales and say wtfit .Glad to say i'm always learning something new.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!