Soul Source Favourite Motown Song

Cunnie

just a quick word on the counting side

see a few have made more than one choice in posts 

if thats the case then when counting it may be best to just  count the first posted one as the vote

that way memebrs still  get a vote and they also have  a chance to edit if they want another track counted or left if happy with the first one

does that make sense ?  :D

Social source share

if thats the case then when counting it may be best to just  count the first posted one as the vote

that way memebrs still  get a vote and they also have  a chance to edit if they want another track counted or left if happy with the first one

Was just about to say the same Mike.

So who's doing the count then, me or you :wicked:

Social source share

Just fixed my scanner, at last!  anyhow this is a nice thing, Aussie demo of the Isley Brothers - This old Heart, complete with all the play dates on the sleeve..

sure to be there I would think..

post-2025-0-85367900-1396301276_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

Impossible to narrow it down,and find myself agreeing with so many of the choices.But i'll add a couple .

Smokey & the Miracles - Just losing you.

Marvin & Tammi - What you gave me.

Jnr Walker & All Stars - Gotta hold onto this feeling.

Smashing choons yooth

"JUST LOSING YOU"  a masterpiece IMHO :hatsoff2:

Social source share

My choice would be the B side to CLOUD NINE -TEMPTATIONS/. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO LEAVE ME, BRILLIANT, CHEAP, and not so sure that many people know it. JUST PLAY AND FALL IN LOVE. ROD

The whole of Cloud Nine LP is just awesome   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

One Motown track ????

One largely unsung = Martha Reeves - Heartless...

unissued ? probably Crying Time.

Can we have one a day  ?? 

Edited by Citizen P
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

all time, 'Suspicion' but recently (this week) The Isley Brothers - My Love is Your Love (Forever) from that 7" Motown box everybody was talking about recently.

Finally, and for sheer give it all to the FLOOR !!!

Barbara McNair - Lone Lonely Town...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JczIdfgeS5M

Bu**er i forgot about the isley brother- my love is your love can i change my vote?

Social source share

Was just about to say the same Mike.

So who's doing the count then, me or you :wicked:

put thread on temp hold for a day and then have a count up

inform people the current votes and then re-open ?

thursday morning ?

Social source share

Always loved  the faster  "Detroit Prophets "   :shhh:   Suspicion boot myself , but as mines on soul beat records -guess it doesnt count !!!!

So after much deliberation  ,gone with     The Temptations  -  Get Ready

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

the contours. "whole lotta woman"            the DEMO  RNB version. sex on vinyl. motown is huge over here with two huge gatherings in perth alone drawing 2/300 crowds

Social source share

........bloody hell........thought Mike was pulling an April fools day gag........that was my smart reply  :huh:

nah, it was just a  quick message to mart (cunnie)

i did it onthread just so people would be aware how we are doing the adding up  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Velvelettes - Needle in a haystack

Funny how when you're a kid ( and even now sometimes ) something you hear once and sticks and sticks and you never ever get tired of it.
Top shelf toe tapper.

I've often though for all the great rare/ obscure records we listen to some records were hits for a reason and deservedly so.
( admitted that some were'nt, but that's another story)
Has there been a worst record on Motown thread? Couldn't find one.

Social source share

Tammi Terrell did a great version.

This would be the one for me. Are there any other versions as i thought it was earmarked for the four tops .

Social source share

Guest melcyid

Does your mama know about me Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers

great social commentary set to fantastic production

Social source share

Does your mama know about me Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers

great social commentary set to fantastic production

This thread just shows how good Motown was. Great topic. I've had my vote...does anyone like Do What You Gotta Do?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Mart B

Being spoon fed on motown from 1968 I was only 7 :yes: ,severn rooms of gloom,shake me wake me,ask the lonely.the Tops.Where ever I lay my hat marvin gaye etc  looking back.truly awesome apprenticeship into Northern Soul. :thumbsup: .........

Social source share

Guest ukyclub

jeez I hate these polls... is it just me cos I cannot list favourites be it northern, rare, deep whatever ...just too many to list.

Social source share

I'm 56 now and Motown has been a backdrop to my life - Good times, Bad times, Happy times and Sad times. Hard to select a number one track for each act, let alone overall but I'll go for the magical Marvin Gaye and Inner City Blues (Make me wanna holler). Sheer poetry. Relevant in '71, still relevant today?  

Social source share