80's Spots At Allniters

hi ya all, the john banfield track who was the lead singer of the said 8ts group is called no.1 its just been released on the u.k label shack music its one of the best soulful dance releases of the year so far and can be obtained thru juno records so do yourself a favour and grab this goodie while you can the jihad muhammid remix is awesome!!!

regards terry :thumbsup:

Cheers Tezza :lol:

Bloody great record mate.

Social source share

• Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dodger

Agree with the Searling comment . top 80's tunes from that man , no question .

RS and Robbie Vincent were the two guys who shaped my collection big time during that decade, two geezers who'll always have my genuine respect for what they've done for the UK soul music scene.

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Yeah I do know what you mean Roger, but I have been liking it for some time now. I like the fusion of different styles (House,Jazz,Boogie...) and quite often some great soulful vocals too!

I like the jazz, funk, soul fusions

Incognito for example always dig out class vocalists and great grooves. Bluey is a top guy as well IMO :thumbsup:

Social source share

i have some robbie vincent radio shows on cdr somewhere dodger must dig a couple out for you for saturday!!!!

always loved his description of independent soul...."the little label collection"...sheer class

as for richard...legend

Edited by ockers
Social source share

Guest soul4life

one of the best 8ts tracks which was championed by robbie vincent was the jap release by yasakuru agawa..l.a nites for me still has the magic on the dance floor as it did back in the day..a track definatly ahead of its time.. :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Guest Dodger

So there you go , some of you lads should play an 80's set at an allniter , hopefully in the main room . :lol:

Well that rules me out right away!! :thumbsup:

May well dig a few out for Stoke Togetherness modern room on 22nd July. :lol:

Social source share

hi ya all, the john banfield track who was the lead singer of the said 8ts group is called no.1 its just been released on the u.k label shack music its one of the best soulful dance releases of the year so far and can be obtained thru juno records so do yourself a favour and grab this goodie while you can the jihad muhammid remix is awesome!!!

regards terry :huh:

The Jon Banfield is AWESOME. I've been trying to think who he reminds me of...came to me driving to work tonight...Alexis P Suter...Anyone ever hear "Slam Me Baby" !

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Chris! you been away too long!

Tony just my opinion mate :huh:

I like them anyway :huh: Wouldnt play them personally but wouldnt dis them either :P

Social source share

Do any current allnighter deejays do a predominantley 80's l spot at allniters ?

:huh:

Simon M

If they do perhaps they might play some of these 80's gems:

Goodie - You & I

Willie Hutch - In & Out

Rodney Franklin - The Groove

Chas - For Your Love

Lillo Thoms - I'm In Love

Willie Clayton - Your Sweetness

Kleer - Oen Your Mind

The Dukes - Mystery Girl

Jay Player - Love Is The Answer

The Paul Simpson Connection - Use Me Lose Me

Roberta Gilliam - All I Want Is My Baby

all from 12" singles

Social source share

If they do perhaps they might play some of these 80's gems:

Goodie - You & I

Willie Hutch - In & Out

Rodney Franklin - The Groove

Chas - For Your Love

Lillo Thoms - I'm In Love

Willie Clayton - Your Sweetness

Kleer - Oen Your Mind

The Dukes - Mystery Girl

Jay Player - Love Is The Answer

The Paul Simpson Connection - Use Me Lose Me

Roberta Gilliam - All I Want Is My Baby

all from 12" singles

Hi Soulful, some good stuff above but I'd be taken aback to hear say Willie Hutch's monster "In & out" at a Northern club/nighter no matter how progressive it is. if we are now embracing this stuff maybe should join forces with the old southgate/caister possee's.(wheres me whistle, I wanna build a human pyramid)

Interesting to discuss which other genres will be played in the future what about funk or going the earlier years do wop or gospel. A problem with the late 7ts/8ts 12 singles, they go on too long and were designed for mixing not playing all the way through, imo think the styles/production quality/vibe are too extreme and it becomes a mish mash of forgotten mono/stereo "soul" sounds. Would n mind having this "other" stuff in a 2nd room tho.

Social source share

Hi Soulful, some good stuff above but I'd be taken aback to hear say Willie Hutch's monster "In & out" at a Northern club/nighter no matter how progressive it is. if we are now embracing this stuff maybe should join forces with the old southgate/caister possee's.(wheres me whistle, I wanna build a human pyramid)

Seem to remember Sam playing "In and Out" as a new release. :P Great record.

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Chris! you been away too long!

Dont know if this works and it is in wav format so not brill quality, how can you not say this is not quality soul/fusion Mr Smith??? I think its a cracking tune anyway so wtf :huh: Whoooooooooopps its 90's :P

Edited by Spinning Vinyl
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!