What Would You Choose?

Its a concept I have thought about before when my two daughters were born but as I sit here with my new born son, Edward James,30 hours old, my thoughts are what should I treat him to as his first soulful musical experience? As a point of discussion what would you choose?

Edited by Lee Bates
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

My baby son Joe, wouldn't go to sleep, until I'd sung 3 songs, Georgy Porgy Pudding and Pie. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and Fred Hughes - Baby Boy. (Brunswick demo). He can still remember the words to Baby Boy 27 years later, and hates Northern Soul. 

Social source share

That should encourage some buddding entrepreneur to disign a range of "Keep The Faith" romper suits to sell with the rest of the tat!!!

Let the little fella discover his own musical tastes and don't scar him for life :yes:

Dave

Already been done I'm afraid - just check ebay for "keep the faith babygrow" - Although there is one without the dreaded fist logo...

northern_soul_music_onesie.jpg?height=22

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

congratulations. i wouldn't blast northern soul at my new-born child though.

I didn't, I just sang the words to him, crickey, boba,  he's 27 now, but 'phone Child line on 0800 1111, if you have real concerns.

Social source share

He should have already had plenty of soulful experiences in the womb. Studies show that babies exposed to music prior to being born are happier and healthier. The trick is to to now sit back and hope he finds his way through the maze. He already has a massive advantage in life, living in a soulful household, so sooner or later he should catch on to what is the best music out there. Just keep him away from Frank Wilson and he should turn out Okeh...

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I didn't, I just sang the words to him, crickey, boba,  he's 27 now, but 'phone Child line on 0800 1111, if you have real concerns.

i was just joking. you probably should also get some sleep though, i'm sure you've been awake like 24/7. again, congratulations.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Congratulations to all Sir.

How about a blast of Len Barry - You Baby ?

I play it to my 7 month old Granddaughter and it always raises a toothless smile.

She loves watching Octonauts with me on the telly as well.

:)  :thumbup:

My four year old has a taste for Syl Johnson "Star light star bright" and has sang it to her new brother today so I must be doing something right! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Snap :lol:

Kirsty

The collection consisted of 3 records, the other 2 were;

Archies -Sugar    - I still clearly remember going into Rumblows with my mum to buy it

&

Hot Butter - Popcorn

I was at the time The World Popcorn Dancing Champion, and am prepared to step out of retirement to give lessons

Edited by simon t
Social source share

My oldest (now 27) loves "loving on the losing side" probably because i never had it of when he was in his high chair watching me and his grandad playing darts in the spare room.

Social source share

1st record my eldest daughter learned all the words to was Jimmy Robbins 'I Can't Please You' it has pride of place in her record collection (Thanks Pete!)

:thumbsup:

Social source share

The collection consisted of 3 records, the other 2 were;

Archies -Sugar    - I still clearly remember going into Rumblows with my mum to buy it

&

Hot Butter - Popcorn

I was at the time The World Popcorn Dancing Champion, and am prepared to step out of retirement to give lessons

I also bought Sugar Sugar but they were always sold out when I went for it, crushing disappointment, I think when I finally got it it was number 2.  Before that I bought Honky Tonk Women by the Rolling Stones and Dancing In The Street by Martha & The Vandellas so I had credibility at the age of 9, it was only blown when I bought Ernie 2 years later.

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

Ernie, is much maligned, It has a beginning, a middle and an end. I prefer the 1936 version, by Benny and the Blind Milk Float Boys,, which is the only 78 release where the centre hole is almost in the middle.

Social source share

Well my little lad has his induction to the world of soul this eve, laying contentedly in my arms.....he got "All I do is think about you" - Tammi Terrell, "Still waters" - The Four Tops and then "It takes a whole lotta man" - Gladys Knight in that order for no other reason than they are each choice...........gotta give your kids a good start in life     

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!