New Us Rare Soul Magazine

Hi All, Just a note to let soul folks know that the first issue of the new Rare Soul Magazine "TheresThat Beat!" is due to hit the streets on 20th August. There is a limited amount of space left for advertisers of records, venues, soul related stuff but you'll have to be quick. Website is now launched and comments and suggestions are more than welcome. For more details about the mag, it's content and general "What's it all about" please click on... www.theresthatbeat.com Regards, Davewww.hitsvillesoulclub.comwww.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All, Just a note to let soul folks know that the first issue of the new Rare Soul Magazine "TheresThat Beat!" is due to hit the streets on 20th August. There is a limited amount of space left for advertisers of records, venues, soul related stuff but you'll have to be quick. Website is now launched and comments and suggestions are more than welcome. For more details about the mag, it's content and general "What's it all about" please click on... www.theresthatbeat.com Regards, Davewww.hitsvillesoulclub.comwww.theresthatbeat.com

Looks good Dave.

Is that the one with my label scan in it? Do I get a freebie? :thumbsup:

How much to post to UK?

J.

Social source share

website's a bit slow but looks really nice

Not very positive Dan, That website is great i hope you do really well, it was a bit slow on my computer but i'll re-boot and try again that will sort it out......Would have been acceptable :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, hopefully the website and the mag will grown in tandem. The mag will be sold to UK via the website so if folks email the mag about ordering copies or taking out a subscription Bev will reply to all the enquiries. If anyone has any events happening between Sept - Dec and wants a free ad space send me a flyer scanned at 300dpi and I'll try and fit it in. There are a few spaces left.

Regards,

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

LOOKS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT DAVE......A MUST-HAVE I RECKON !!!!! I CERTAINLY WANT TO BUY THIS PUBLICATION A.S.A.P....TOP STUFF :huh: I'M OVER IN USA NEXT THREE WEEKS BUT NOT FLORIDA THIS TIME..WEEKENDER LOOKS GREAT TOO, THINK THAT WILL BE GOING IN THE DIARY TOO !! LIFE PERMITTING AN'ORL THAT :P

CHRIS MORGAN

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Guest Dante

Hi there,

It looks really great. I supose you'll shipp worlwide. I'm from Mexico and mail-order is the only way to buy it, i think...

Anyway, I'll send you a mail to ask further info :huh:

Thanks & congratulations!!

Dante

PS A really stupid question, hope someone can answer it: What does it means "IMO" or "IMHO", I've read it several times in the forum but i just can't figure out the meaning :S

Social source share

Nice one Dave......Loking forward to issue 1 :huh:

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Hya Dave, Mag looks the business, well done mate, Congrats from me, I was the guy in the bar at New Jersey helping you drink your holdall full of beer after Dave Fergy went to bed.

Cheers mate....................................................... :P

Social source share

Hya Dave, Mag looks the business, well done mate, Congrats from me, I was the guy in the bar at New Jersey helping you drink your holdall full of beer after Dave Fergy went to bed.

Cheers mate....................................................... :P

Hey Up Brian,

And a damn good job we made of it too eh? (The holdall). Bit like a tardis that holdall was :P Last one went down just as time finished off with John And The Weirdest! Great night!

Thanks for the encouragement Mate, appreciate it.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

Hi there,

It looks really great. I supose you'll shipp worlwide. I'm from Mexico and mail-order is the only way to buy it, i think...

Anyway, I'll send you a mail to ask further info :unsure:

Thanks & congratulations!!

Dante

PS A really stupid question, hope someone can answer it: What does it means "IMO" or "IMHO", I've read it several times in the forum but i just can't figure out the meaning :S

HI DANTE...GOING TO BE IN MEXICO SOON ARRIVE 24TH OF JULY..MAYBE HAVE A BEER :unsure:
Social source share

Just done a years subscription $55 thats 30 quid in uk pounds including p&p

well worth it IMO

If a Soul sourcer takes the time and effort to put a mag out the least we can do is back him up and buy the mag and at 30 quid it a"nt goona break the bank :unsure:

well done and good luck :unsure:

Social source share

Hi all,

Firstly, Big Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and good luck messages, both on and offlist. It's appreciated believe me. The magazine's website is now fully functional and everything has been double checked. People can feel confident in ordering through the site's direct PayPal facility.

www.theresthatbeat.com

I still have 3 spaces (free!) for event flyers if anyone wants to fill them. Or if anyone has a sales list etc they want to publicise send me a scan of anything at 300dpi and I'll try and fit it in. (Remember the mag is out in Sept so the events must be Sept - Dec).

Once again, big thanks to all and hopefully the shirt will stay on my back! :unsure:

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

PS. Just am update on the hitsville website for ya....Pete Fowler has a great Record Review up, There's a weekend with Dean Courtney feature too. As usual with histville, you can see and play all the records. ENJOY.

Social source share

Hello Soul Sourcers, I know I've been away from the forum for awhile, but I just wanted to chime in and thank everyone, on my behalf. I take tremendous pride in giving the best possible presentation of graphic design that I can. I love this stuff like all of you and I'm putting that all into the layouts that I do.

We (especially Dave) put in long hours to make this all happen, so it's really nice as well as encouraging to get positive feedback from the people on here. We are very excited and very eager to get the publication out and about. We're doing what we love to do and with comments like those, we know that it's not in vain.

So thanks again everyone! Really grateful for the positive words of encouragement. It truly means a lot.

Best,

Jazzy Jas

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!