Mary Saenz & Vicky Gomez - On Tv

That's unfair yes it was 78 and Sam played it John had the copies and probably supplied them to Richard and think Ginger might have played this at the  Cats Whiskers as for Vicky gomex it was one of my cover ups from 77 but quickly found out it was played before this around the country, well it didn't do much in Yorkshire anyway weak maybe plus 2 but that wasn't an option on Dual and Garrard decks in them days. oh it cost me 10p as well those were the days.

Social source share

That's unfair yes it was 78 and Sam played it John had the copies and probably supplied them to Richard and think Ginger might have played this at the  Cats Whiskers as for Vicky gomex it was one of my cover ups from 77 but quickly found out it was played before this around the country, well it didn't do much in Yorkshire anyway weak maybe plus 2 but that wasn't an option on Dual and Garrard decks in them days. oh it cost me 10p as well those were the days.

I think the Vicky Gomez record is brilliant - I never heard it until just now!

Social source share

always quite liked the mary saenz track - Vicki gomez not too sure about that one though Pete

Thats the way it is though isn't it, some things just go out of your head immediately, others stick around, I thought it was great soon as I heard the first 30 seconds, not so much the song, but the fantastic backing track

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mary seanz was around the same time as the Belmonts, Ambassadors and Bellboys  i seem to remember

all the above mentioned records sounded brill loud when they were played at the time, however when played out of context ie at home or on cd they dont have same feel, just love the belmonts still though, hairs on my neck standing up stuff,

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!