Hear It From Me First

Lorraine,

I haven't a clue who you are talking about, but you've put enough time and effort into music, and brought enjoyment into so many lives, to be able to like what you want and say to hell with those that don't like it.

Go girl !

Drool all you want !!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Barrowman is coming to Michigan next month That man's voice thrills my very being and I'll leave it at that.  (I could not speak for a week when I attended my first Johnny Mathis concert at 14 ).

So...in case you hear some gossip, sordid embarrassing stories about me and maybe JB (and his fine husband!), I plead the fifth, (in the U.S., say nothing to incriminate yourself).  

Pray for me.  :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Lorraine

As somebody once said in a song sometime long ago

"I Cant Change what's deep down inside of me"

Enjoy yourself.

Kegsy

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Please do take something with you to mop up that drool! 

Absolutely fantastic to have things in our lives that create the drool effect in the first place. It shows not only that we're alive, but that passion runs deep in our souls. Too many people lose that passion as they go through life and find themselves distracted by the sometimes mundanity of daily existence.

Keep that flame of passion burning bright! Oh, and please do report back once you've sufficiently recovered.  :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Lorraine,

I haven't a clue who you are talking about, but you've put enough time and effort into music, and brought enjoyment into so many lives, to be able to like what you want and say to hell with those that don't like it.

Go girl !

Drool all you want !!

He's the guy off Doctor Who and Torchwood.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

We should be expecting a few  'celebrity selfies' to be posted in the gallery then? Mike might have to censor any other pictures by the sound of it!

Have a great time Lorraine, take a big banner with 'how about a duet' on it!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

You go for it Lorraine it can't be any worse than us British men and women behaving the same way over yours and all the other amazing soul singers that give us so much pleasure every day of our lives  :D  grown men cry over your music over here  :D  

But it have to admit JB don't do it for me I'm far too manly  :shades:

hope your well and life is treating you kind Lorraine  :wub:

Social source share

You go for it Lorraine it can't be any worse than us British men and women behaving the same way over yours and all the other amazing soul singers that give us so much pleasure every day of our lives  :D  grown men cry over your music over here  :D  

But it have to admit JB don't do it for me I'm far too manly  :shades:

hope your well and life is treating you kind Lorraine  :wub:

of course you are  :yes:  :rofl:

Bazza   :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Lorraine,

Go girl !

Drool all you want !!

Dave,

I've been drooling since  March 15, when I heard he was coming!  I'm like a kid with my special blankey (towel) these days.  I'm still so surprise that he is not that popular over there!  I had to tell Paul Mooney who he was and I was shocked, just shocked!  Barrowman does not know me from Eve and I will be one of the many, but he is responsible for me finding a way to say 'thank you' to you all over there and I love him even more for that.

This is another reason I love you all so much, you are so supportive, even through my non-soul times.  If a selfie happens, it will be me fainting in his arms! :P :P

Lorraine

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Lorraine,

Go girl !

Drool all you want !!

Dave, is your girlfriend from the States? maybe she can translate what Lorraine is saying for you :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Wow - this is like some kind of weird parallel universe! I must be hallucinating.

John Barrowman....John Barrowman???!!!! singing to a starstruck Lorraine Chandler????!!!

So sorry Lorraine - I love your enthusiasm and I'm not saying the guy can't sing, but hell, you write, produce, sing like an angel, a true soul legend from the golden age of popular music.

If all's fair in the world it should be the other way round.  :)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Hi Lorraine!  :wub:    

You romantic... you.  You need a game plan, I reckon.  Previously suggested by MrC - a duet would be a positive way of getting time together!  'Tell me Your Mine' could be ideal.  Though 'Body Chains' could be more appropriate...  :)  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Wow - this is like some kind of weird parallel universe! I must be hallucinating.

John Barrowman....John Barrowman???!!!! singing to a starstruck Lorraine Chandler????!!!

So sorry Lorraine - I love your enthusiasm and I'm not saying the guy can't sing, but hell, you write, produce, sing like an angel, a true soul legend from the golden age of popular music.

If all's fair in the world it should be the other way round.  :)

Amen to that!  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If I ever come across the pond again, I hope I have the pleasure to speak to each and everyone of you personally.  Yes, I am a romantic and I only have two voices so far that send me to heaven and they are both John's!   Mathis and Barrowman just do that to me. 

SoulStu, thank you for your kind words but it takes people, places and incidents to keep the juices flowing and to stay creative, just in case someone needs another song or production.  I'm not dead yet!

You all are making this so much fun, even before I get there.  I will report back to let you know I survived.

Lorraine

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Hi Lorraine - J.B is a good singer if that's you thing you got to go with it - but he wont never match your style and voice for me enjoy though

Chris

x

Social source share

Guest scottie

If I ever come across the pond again, I hope I have the pleasure to speak to each and everyone of you personally.  Yes, I am a romantic and I only have two voices so far that send me to heaven and they are both John's!   Mathis and Barrowman just do that to me. 

SoulStu, thank you for your kind words but it takes people, places and incidents to keep the juices flowing and to stay creative, just in case someone needs another song or production.  I'm not dead yet!

You all are making this so much fun, even before I get there.  I will report back to let you know I survived.

Lorraine

J.B.s originally from aberdeen so dont hold out much chance o him gettin the drinks in lorraine.heehee have a good time

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

You all know I am a Motown, Northern Soul girl from my heart.  However, I love all sorts of music when performed well.  I'm known to be cool.  Cool, calm and composed.  I was that at 20 and even more so now.  I am the epitamy of coolness.  When I first heard I am What I am sung by John Barrowman in front of a 35+ orchestra, I was mesmerized.   What a voice!  Then he recorded to perfection, I Won't Send Roses and I did not believe my ears.

Barrowman is coming to Michigan next month and if you all hear about a mature black woman drooling, in awe, acting like she is twelve, please give me those few precious moments of non-soul dementia :hypo:.   That man's voice thrills my very being and I'll leave it at that.  (I could not speak for a week when I attended my first Johnny Mathis concert at 14 ).

So...in case you hear some gossip, sordid embarrassing stories about me and maybe JB (and his fine husband!), I plead the fifth, (in the U.S., say nothing to incriminate yourself).  

Pray for me.  :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Lorraine

Hey Lorraine

Good for you lady :thumbsup:

You must come back & tell us ALL the sordid & embarrassing details :D

Pray for you ??? I'll be praying for JB & his husband :lol:

Enjoy every second

Much love

Ali xx

P.S Thank you for taking the time to wish me a Happy Birthday back in March. I still have to pinch myself that I'm your Little Miss Detriot :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!