100 Club 45S Collection On Manship

Liamgp

How much will this little lot go for?

In theory, each one is worth say, £50-£150 each so either this is going to be one of Manship's biggest-selling auction items or someone is going to get a real bargain.

There must be a few other people who have the full set too.

Sadly I only have 5 of the 100 Club 45s!

Edited by ElGeePee
Social source share

Individual prices are irrelevant in this case though, because as far as I'm aware this is the first time a complete collection has appeared on Manship's auction.

It's recognised that he gets better prices than anyone else through his auctions, so it will be very interesting to see how much these go for.

Edited by Dave Rimmer
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not a full set, but had about a dozen of these and sold them to a dealer on here for about £350 circa 2005/6..

Works out to around 30 quid a pop, which isn't great, but 350 sheets in one go at the time - was! 

These days I'd sell them individually or £600 the lot buy it now..

post-2216-0-83081300-1397214555_thumb.jp

Social source share

sorry Dave I'm fueling the Aussie debate I know, but its more interesting quite simply..

Malcolm

To people who collect Aussie singles it might be. It's of no interest to me whatsoever.

start your own thread, then you can discuss Australian re-issues to your hearts content.

Social source share

I feel like Ive been told off...again... laughs... Dave will you meet me half way>?  thats a small visual pun...

Whats happened to general chit chat, there are loads of threads where several conversations go on, in fact some of them become so nasty, this one isnt,  that its the only way to get involved, ie speak about something else...

post-2025-0-25895900-1397635785_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Currently at £1414.00

Madness in my opinion. Highest Bidder is Sweep13, why do I think this is the chap with the website and ebay sales where everything is overpriced?

I've got them all, but I wouldn't have valued them at that. I mean in sales someone has Debra Johnson + Gigi & Charmaines listed at just £15 each!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Currently at £1414.00

Madness in my opinion. Highest Bidder is Sweep13, why do I think this is the chap with the website and ebay sales where everything is overpriced?

I've got them all, but I wouldn't have valued them at that. I mean in sales someone has Debra Johnson + Gigi & Charmaines listed at just £15 each!

Those two were cheap, they sold pretty quick, but then again there is no demand for them when compared to Chuck Jackson or Melba Moore.  Having said that I would have thought an average price would be £50 or £60.  I wouldn't have thought any were worth more an £80 and there is as far as I know the same quantity of each title. 

Social source share

Currently at £1414.00

It is indeed Steve Jeffries on rarenorthernsoul.com

Social source share

Would be more of a challenge to buy them one by one... Also a lot more fun. Could also save a fortune. Maybe someone's going to open a soul music museum and they're gathering exhibits the quick way? Acquiring records en masse like this seems weird, rather like buying sets of cigarette cards or boxed sets of videos. Hopefully they will end up in the hands of a young DJ with a high regard for the evolution of the music. May the richest man not win, but the one who will treasure the sounds and enjoy them the most.

Social source share

Reading that a bereaved family sold these , gives mixed thoughts. In one respect that the family got a great price and wasn't ripped off, but disbelief that they reached such a price.

I am not surprised, there is money about and JM attracts a global audience - so poss. someone not in the UK who may not have the inclination to attend 29 100 Club anniversaries in London or the time to try and hunt down 29 records. Dunno who got em all, but that's 29 records for an amount some people pay for a single record. Stop being such a bunch of girls blouses :lol:

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!