Record Not Received Hamburg Ebayer

Does anybody know/dealt with Baster Ruebsam from Hamburg, my missus sold him a record through ebay, it was sent international signed for and shows on the Royal Mail website as being delivered on the 26th March, he's hit her with a item not received case today claiming he's not received the record. I'm not saying he's a scammer but trying to get some info and build a better picture as she'll no doubt get hit with a charge back 

I think a few years back she dealt with the same guy but not 100% sure and it was a bit problematic. Any info good or bad would be great. Thanks.

Social source share

okehdokeh, on 08 Apr 2014 - 5:56 PM, said:

Does anybody know/dealt with Baster Ruebsam from Hamburg, my missus sold him a record through ebay, it was sent international signed for and shows on the Royal Mail website as being delivered on the 26th March, he's hit her with a item not received case today claiming he's not received the record. I'm not saying he's a scammer but trying to get some info and build a better picture as she'll no doubt get hit with a charge back 

I think a few years back she dealt with the same guy but not 100% sure and it was a bit problematic. Any info good or bad would be great. Thanks.

Is that his ebay name?

Social source share

If it was sent International signed for, is she not covered under Paypal protection

You'd think so but have been hit with a charge back before despite sending registered, I think Paypal have a background system working now that monitors and flags up excessive claim behaviour, his feedback looks good so that's why I'm trying to find out a bit of background. Done the same on here & FB a few years back and got a shed load of mail saying others had been scammed by the same guy (not the Hamburg guy but a guy in Barcelona that time!) The info I got then through this site and FB was a great help for sure!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

Donno how many Baster Ruebsam live in Hamburg but based on his name he's the owner of a bar/club in St. Pauli. This name is really uncommon and rare so pretty guess that's him. Ask the Hamburg guys, like Lars Bulnheim, Ralf Mehnert, The Jan, Thorsten Wegner (Puresoul). They should know him.

https://www.komet-st-pauli.de/kontakt.php

Social source share

Hi Ralf, The problem seems to be with the Royal Mail website, for over a week it was showing that this package had been delivered and signed for on the 26th March, yesterday my partner checked the website again and now it shows the package as being processed for delivery, this means that it's still in the German mail system awaiting delivery! I appreciate the feedback on Baster as this was the general idea behind my initial post! This is a real problem with ebay these days, it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad, I will pass your info on to my partner. thanks!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Hi Ralf, The problem seems to be with the Royal Mail website, for over a week it was showing that this package had been delivered and signed for on the 26th March, yesterday my partner checked the website again and now it shows the package as being processed for delivery, this means that it's still in the German mail system awaiting delivery! I appreciate the feedback on Baster as this was the general idea behind my initial post! This is a real problem with ebay these days, it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad, I will pass your info on to my partner. thanks!

That's one of the things I love about this site. The honesty and desire as a whole to sort things properly and post the said results when things come to light. ie royal mail problems. Nice one.  :thumbup:

Steve

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I sent a package to the States 6 weeks ago, Royal Mail track and trace says "has been delivered to Kennedy Airport and is awaiting delivery", the customer is doing his nut, and so am I, it's been in the States for a month and nobody knows where it is.  And I'm going to have to refund the money despite both of us knowing it was sent (signed for!)

Social source share

I sent a package to the States 6 weeks ago, Royal Mail track and trace says "has been delivered to Kennedy Airport and is awaiting delivery", the customer is doing his nut, and so am I, it's been in the States for a month and nobody knows where it is.  And I'm going to have to refund the money despite both of us knowing it was sent (signed for!)

This is not a good situation Pete, sending registered overseas and what Royal Mail charge you'd expect a decent level of service but I've know of at least three of our international signed for packages to just be dropped through the letter box without any attempt to obtain a signature! Ralf has confirmed this buyers integrity but I'm sure he hit us with a chargeback a few years ago when he wasn't home to receive his registered package and no card was left by the mail company, some time went by before he got in touch and by now the package was showing as being returned to us. We assured him that it would be re-sent as soon as it arrived back in the UK but he just fired a chargeback in regardless, we'd put him a pretty decent free 45 in the package too so was pretty pissed off. When it arrived back with us he'd already got his money back from Paypal so that was that. I hope your one surfaces pretty soon mate!

Social source share

This is not a good situation Pete, sending registered overseas and what Royal Mail charge you'd expect a decent level of service but I've know of at least three of our international signed for packages to just be dropped through the letter box without any attempt to obtain a signature! Ralf has confirmed this buyers integrity but I'm sure he hit us with a chargeback a few years ago when he wasn't home to receive his registered package and no card was left by the mail company, some time went by before he got in touch and by now the package was showing as being returned to us. We assured him that it would be re-sent as soon as it arrived back in the UK but he just fired a chargeback in regardless, we'd put him a pretty decent free 45 in the package too so was pretty pissed off. When it arrived back with us he'd already got his money back from Paypal so that was that. I hope your one surfaces pretty soon mate!

With a little help from my mate in NY, he found out that it was actually sent out for delivery weeks ago, so as you expect, it's just been dumped with someone

Social source share

For future reference, so you'll now know when to start to panic.
International Signed For in the past was only tracked to the UK border, it seems that now you can
put the UK tracking # into the USPS site and it will tell you a tale ( fairy or not I can't say)
Doesn't seem to work the other way round though, we still have no idea what happens when it gets over there

Social source share