Does Anyone Know The Sample Used In This Song

Guest ar1se

Guest ar1se

Hey guys,

There is a song of a German rapper in whose instrumental a sample is used that I can´t manage to find. So I hope you can help me. I think  it´s a sample from a Soul song out of the 60s/70s, but of course I could be wrong.

Because I can´t totally understand the lyrics in the beginning, I hoped that you could help me to find the original song via Google.

Does anyone know the song the sample is taken from? Or can at least tell me the lyrics?

The sample appears in the first ten seconds, then there is just a sweet "uuh" ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xo5UgM4Gsg

Greetings from Germany!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ar1se

Hey Nocker,

I´m aware of this site, but the song is not too known, so there are no information about it.

That´s why I thought someone in this forum could maybe know the sample and help me.

Also my English is ok, but not too good. I have problems understanding the vocals of the sample in the beginning. If someone could tell me what it says, one could maybe find the song via Google.

Cheers

Edited by ar1se
Social source share

Hey guys,

There is a song of a German rapper in whose instrumental a sample is used that I can´t manage to find. So I hope you can help me. I think  it´s a sample from a Soul song out of the 60s/70s, but of course I could be wrong.

Because I can´t totally understand the lyrics in the beginning, I hoped that you could help me to find the original song via Google.

Does anyone know the song the sample is taken from? Or can at least tell me the lyrics?

The sample appears in the first ten seconds, then there is just a sweet "uuh" ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xo5UgM4Gsg

Greetings from Germany!

It sounds like Motown, I can't place it though.

Social source share

The words sound like "I remember the streets we used to walk, the love filled nights and the pillow talk" but I haven't a clue about the artist or the name of the song?

Social source share

Guest ar1se

I just know, that this is the ugliest, most sexist and stupid rap-song I ever heard. I really wish, that I wouldn't understand the lyrics. Fingers crossed that these tossers used the sample without permission and get a copyright claim

Hey docfish, are you sure that you understood the lyrics correctly? IMO it´s not too sexist. The truth is, I can´t find more "sexist" words than "I love my job, sex god"^^. Everything else is more or less self-celebration.

I don´t aim to discuss the worth of the song, but I pretty like it, though.

Well.. that was kinda funny. Didn´t help too much, but maybe it will on worse days in future.

The words sound like "I remember the streets we used to walk, the love filled nights and the pillow talk" but I haven't a clue about the artist or the name of the song?

Haha, too bad I didn´t grew up in an English-speaking country. Seems pretty easy for you too understand it, while I struggled with understanding the "I remember", what I heard as "I never".. Thanks a lot! :)

Here is the sample at more or less correct speed ,still no idea tho

attachicon.gifSample.mp3

got it its Laura lee -two lovely pillows I think

Bazza 

Just great.. Thank you so much. The song is pretty cool! I searched for the vocal verse and couldn´t find it. So I´m really glad that you recognised the song. You were a great help to me.

I love soul music and this is a cool forum. So maybe you´ll hear from me in future.

Greetings from Germany

A.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!