Tony Lawrence - I Need Somebody - Jude 101

Denbo

I have two copies of the above titled record, both with Million Words on the flip side, released somewhere between 1959 and 1961.
I Need Somebody was also released on Webcor 101 in 1961.

Anyhow, my question is this; Apart from the slightly different font styles used in the word JUDE, beneath the 45 RPM, one has written Merrymount Music, the other, more modern looking copy, has Marrmount Music written.
They both have the same stamp in the runout grooves, which looks like a capital L with a wavy line underneath it, or a capital L with a w underneath it.

Can anybody help me understand whether the more modern looking copy, which is almost mint, is a boot or a repress? Sods law dictates that the more original looking copy is only Vg but still very playable, with just a few little crackles here and there.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I have this record Dennis, it's the same as yours.  Is it worth anything?  It was in a pile of sort of unsorted stuff.  I have another one on the same label by him When I Grow Too Old To Dream (Jude 128)

Which one do you have Pete, Merrymount Music or Marrmount Music?

I've no idea what it's worth, apart from checking on Popsike and CF.

Not heard the other one? What's it like? Got a sound file?

Seems it also came out on Nike.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Which one do you have Pete, Merrymount Music or Marrmount Music?

I've no idea what it's worth, apart from checking on Popsike and CF.

Not heard the other one? What's it like? Got a sound file?

Seems it also came out on Nike.

I think it says Marrmount Music.

Has an address under the logo.

The second record, has the same logo but no address.

I think it's a stage musical number, updated, it's ok...sorry not got a recording of it

Social source share

I think it says Marrmount Music.

Has an address under the logo.

The second record, has the same logo but no address.

I think it's a stage musical number, updated, it's ok...sorry not got a recording of it

That's the other, more modern looking copy, which I referred to and am still trying to find out if it's a boot or a repress?

Social source share

• 4 months later...

That second single, the one on the right, I just listed that on Discogs and actually played it, I love it!  Swinging Jazz R & B, a new genre...

PM me a sound if you can Pete.

Had any luck getting back your copy of Strange World of . . . out on loan? Would love to watch it and learn more about the story of the Billy Harner instrumental.

Also, still willing to send me those spares of your old Mags?

:thumbsup: 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!