Has Anyone Ever Had A Vintage Record Box Shipped From The Us?

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

I'm asking because I plan to list one of my vintage cases for sale and the USPS "calculate a price" (as well as current ebay auctions) tells me it would cost between $32-$41 for international first class.

Seems a little high for an 8"x8"x8" wooden box that barely weighs a pound.

Can anyone weigh in with their own experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm asking because I plan to list one of my vintage cases for sale and the USPS "calculate a price" (as well as current ebay auctions) tells me it would cost between $32-$41 for international first class.

Seems a little high for an 8"x8"x8" wooden box that barely weighs a pound.

Can anyone weigh in with their own experiences?

Thanks in advance.

8x8x8 doesn't fit any flate rate priority boxes but it does fit the dimensions for a first class package (which have maximum length 24 inches and maximum length height and depth totaled of 36 inches). Assuming you put it in a box that is not much bigger than the box you are shipping, you should be able to get the regular FCPIS rates. The 1 lb rate to most countries is $15.08 if you print using endicia, pitney bowes, etc. or $16.75 at the counter. 

The USPS website used to not let you print FCPIS (it only let you print priority). It looks like they might have changed it, I'm not sure, but if they do let you print FCPIS it should be $15.08.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!