Tkos 'fat Man' On Ten Star

If anyone has this old R&B hit, could they look at the matrix numbers and see if it's 104 A on one side and 104 A B-with the A scratched out a bit on the flip? And if that's the case are the sides musically identical. We have the masters and I think they put out Part 2 on both sides. On Part 2 the piano does not come in for about 15 secs, on what should have been Part 1 it comes in pretty much from the start, though quiet at first.

Ta

Ady

PS It was an R&B hit and if this is the case we will end up issuing Part 1 of a hit for the first time in 2014! Of course there may have been two pressings but the duplicate one I'm referring to is a stock copy not a demo.

Social source share

It says:

TS 104 A on side 1

TS 104 B with an A scratched out next to it on side 2, not 100% certain it is an A as it's only the top of an A, sort of thing

A triangle then?    :D

Mine says the same as Petes

TS 104 A on side 1

TS 104 B with an A scratched out next to it on side 2

Social source share

It says:

TS 104 A on side 1

TS 104 B with an A scratched out next to it on side 2, not 100% certain it is an A as it's only the top of an A, sort of thing

I have it like this too on a 'Ten Star' issue

Definitely a crossed out 'A' 

Must be the same master plate on both sides as the Monarch Delta #59890 is the same on both sides with the same spacing between matrix etc

Same track on both sides, although i wouldn't have guessed that this it is really a 'part 2'?

Hope this helps

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Thanks folks that probably confirms it, there is little difference in style between the two parts but they managed to issue the B side only (Part 2 on both sides of the single-even though one side says Part One it isn't) and still get a hit. That means when we put out the real Part 1 it should chart higher!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Both sides are exactly the same Ady, just had a listen.

Off to work now.....bugger!  staying home and checking records was much more fun!

:)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!