Alfreton Reunion 2014

Hiya,

I'm trying to gauge interest in a reunion at Alfreton Leisure Centre.

Date would more than likely be 30th August on an 8pm - 1am slot

Interested to know your views.  Have not yet decided to go for it, the room and PA hire is expensive.

Would be looking at £6 on the door £5 in advance.

Music policy would be as Alfreton used to be in the early days, simply 60's and 70's northern with a splattering of newer 

Please do leave your views and if you want to be kept informed then join the mailing list here https://snazzyshirts.net/soul

Cheers and beers.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Byrney

Used to go to Alfreton nighters, I think in 1980 81 but what new has this to offer? Is it not just going to replicate the oldies playlist prevalent at most of the other East Mids venues?

Social source share

Not that much interest then lol.

Byrney, it would be like Alfreton used to be when I ran it with Ian.  Good wide range of northern from 60's 70's.  we didn't overplay oldies and don't intend to start now.  If you had attended in the 90's then you would know what I meant.

But by the looks of the lack of responses it may be a non starter.  break even is around a grand and i'd like to have seen a bigger reaction to enable me to put that on the line.

Maybe it's not the right time yet.

Edited by Glyn Williams
Social source share

Guest Byrney

Not that much interest then lol.

Byrney, it would be like Alfreton used to be when I ran it with Ian.  Good wide range of northern from 60's 70's.  we didn't overplay oldies and don't intend to start now.  If you had attended in the 90's then you would know what I meant.

But by the looks of the lack of responses it may be a non starter.  break even is around a grand and i'd like to have seen a bigger reaction to enable me to put that on the line.

Maybe it's not the right time yet.

Fair enough - didn't look like my cup of tea in the 90s and was going on the 80s nighters which were mainly oldies (sure one was Torch revival or something).

I wouldn't give up to quickly though it's only been up a day. Good luck

Social source share

Fair enough - didn't look like my cup of tea in the 90s and was going on the 80s nighters which were mainly oldies (sure one was Torch revival or something).

------------------------------------//////////---------------------------------

I was at that, ... Hey hey Brother, times a wastingggggggg

Went quite often to Alfreton,  vividly remember going one night , it weren't on, we were a weekend early ! 

Edited by IanP
Social source share

Alfreton was always superb in its time .. the first reunions were very well supported .. the last one not so much , but not bad .. its how you promopte it Glynn .. at least 6 months ahead , and getting yourself about and use face book more  .. no reason why it should not be a winner  , just need to spark peoples memories ..

atb  pete n' susan xx

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!