The Salvadors - Stick By Me Baby - Wise World * Original *

Pete S

UP FOR OFFERS - A REALLY TASTY 45

THE SALVADORS - STICK BY ME BABY - WISE WORLD 301

IN STUNNING CONDITION.  APART FROM A NON SOUNDING MARK, THIS IS A TRULY EXCELLENT COPY, NO SCRATCHES, POPS, TICKS, NOTHING - MOST PEOPLE'S MINT MINUS / EXCELLENT PLUS.

INFORMATION TAKEN FROM JOHN MANSHIP'S PRICE GUIDE 5 IS AS FOLLOWS:

FROM THE SAME MASTER PLATE AS ABOVE, THIS SLIGHTLY LATER PRESS HAS THINNER VINYL, SHADE OF LABEL COLOURING IS SLIGHTLY LIGHTER.  THE MASTERPLATE HAD SINCE RECEIVED TWO TINY BLOWS WHICH PRODUCED TWO DIMPLES WHICH CAN BE SEEN ON THE PLAYING SURFACE, THEY DO NOT EFFECT PLAY.  LIGHTLY SCRATCHED IN MATRIX READS 62771 NOTE THE 2 IS SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAT THE 6 AND 7 AND SITTING HIGHER.

VALUE £2500.  (THIS WAS IN 2008)

I WILL START THIS AT £2500.  I'LL ANNOUNCE WHEN THE AUCTION WILL END A LITTLE LATER ON THOUGH I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SELL IT IMMEDIATELY IF I GET AN OFFER WHICH I THINK WON'T BE TOPPED!

IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO YOU CAN RING ME ON 01902 326306 OR EMAIL ME AT pete.smith@freeuk.com

post-1893-0-11357300-1397642417_thumb.jp   post-1893-0-19549900-1397642438_thumb.jp

• Helpful 3
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

just moved this back as easier than explaining in full bringing forward the opening of a new feature

----------

the offers and aution forum will be closing very shortly and replaced by a 'new' more structured feature

timings a bit out of sync so will post more on this later

for now have closed the auction forum for new posts

Edited by mike
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Is "auctions" another of those dead parts of the forum which nobody ever reads, like Audio / Visual? That's why I put it in sales. It is for sale.

It is the place set aside for auction items and as it doesn't get clogged up it means your post doesn't disappear onto the next page, thus risking losing interest... And also means you dont need get ticked off for constantly bumping your post in sales, which as you know is against the rules :)

Oops, I just inadvertently bumped it ;)

Social source share

It is the place set aside for auction items and as it doesn't get clogged up it means your post doesn't disappear onto the next page, thus risking losing interest... And also means you dont need get ticked off for constantly bumping your post in sales, which as you know is against the rules :)

Oops, I just inadvertently bumped it ;)

No I don't think you get what I mean, people have filters set so as to what forums they see, e.g. I don't see anything to do with venue reports, so if they don't know there is an auction section, they wouldn't tick it and therefore wouldn't see it.

Anyway in the case of this record, I don't need to bump it, when was the last time one was offered for sale on here?

Social source share

No I don't think you get what I mean, people have filters set so as to what forums they see, e.g. I don't see anything to do with venue reports, so if they don't know there is an auction section, they wouldn't tick it and therefore wouldn't see it.

Anyway in the case of this record, I don't need to bump it, when was the last time one was offered for sale on here?

George Hunt 2013 :yes:

Social source share

Ooomph. Two kidneys hopefully on offer from some enterprising young oldies DJ trying to raise cash as we speak!

I would say tell Josie what does she know, but since the answer is lots and her husband (or her hubbie when she was on here) was built like the side of a barn, maybe I won't say anything.

Tell her I forgive her for being the genius she is, but surely this is one record we all agree on, OOOOOMPH

Social source share

AS I KEEP GETTING ASKED WHEN THIS AUCTION WILL END, ONLY NATURALLY, I HAVE DECIDED THAT THIS IS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN:

I WILL END THE AUCTION AT 6 0'CLOCK (PM) SHARP TOMORROW FRIDAY 18TH APRIL.
NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT.  BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE BIDDING THE SAME AMOUNT AS ONE ANOTHER AND THEN ADDING ON £50, TO INFINITY, I WILL ONLY ACCEPT BIDS IN WRITING VIA EMAIL FROM NOW ON. 

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THE RECORD, WRITE DOWN YOUR BID AND EMAIL IT TO ME AT pete.smith@freeuk.com

PROBABLY BEST NOT TO LEAVE IT UNTIL THE VERY LAST MINUTE AS THE HIGHEST BID WILL WIN IT, WHETHER IT'S RECEIVED TODAY OR TOMORROW.

I WILL NOT REVEAL ANY PERSON'S BID TO ANOTHER PERSON.  JUST WRITE DOWN YOUR TOP BID, SIMPLE AS THAT.

I'LL CONTACT EVERYONE WHO HAS BID AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER THE 6PM DEADLINE PASSES.

GOOD LUCK.

PETE

Social source share