Spyder Turner / Nolan Strong / Fortune

Guest Daddy

Guest Daddy

Looking for Spyder Turner "Ride in my 225" and Nolan Strong & The Diablos "Blue Moon" on this label.

Also any more tips for the Fortune label?

cheers, :thumbsup:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can also recommend:

Nathaniel Mayer: Village Of Love (also on UK HMV)

Nolan Strong: Mind Over Matter (same as The Pirates)

If you like rockin' R&B, then some of the label's stuff from 1955 onwards is worth a listen, such as:

Joe Weaver: It Must Be Love

Andre WIlliams: Jail Bait

Andre Williams: Bacon Fat

There are others..........will post 'em up when I remember them

Social source share

Guest Daddy

Can also recommend:

Nathaniel Mayer: Village Of Love (also on UK HMV)

Nolan Strong: Mind Over Matter (same as The Pirates)

If you like rockin' R&B, then some of the label's stuff from 1955 onwards is worth a listen, such as:

Joe Weaver: It Must Be Love

Andre WIlliams: Jail Bait

Andre Williams: Bacon Fat

There are others..........will post 'em up when I remember them

Brilliant, thank you Gene - please keep 'em coming. Rockin' R&B keeps a smile on my face, can't get enough of the stuff!

Edited by Daddy
Social source share

a bit off the subject thread , but village of love on fortune, sold a couple of these on ebay to the states, one of the buyers sent a couple of "banterish" e-mails during the transactions, i replied to one of them asking what happened to nathanial mayer expecting more banter back, he sent me pictures of the man performing with a grunge type band a few years ago :thumbsup: is this so, is he still around?

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

As for rockin' R&B I can recommend Eddie Kirk - The Grunt on Fortune 5041, the forerunner of The Hawg - Voltv & Hog Killin' Time - King but wilder! Also Dave Hamilton Beatle Walk (bfore Beatles was spelt this way by the group I think) great R&B guitar inst with Mike Terry on fine form on the sax

Also reccomend Eddie Kirk's brilliant r&b slanted "Monkey tonight" on King 5895 . . . an absolute killer tune!!

Martin

Social source share

what happened to nathanial mayer expecting more banter back, he sent me pictures of the man performing with a grunge type band a few years ago :thumbsup: is this so, is he still around?

Yes, he released an album in 2004 on Fat Possum entitled "I Just Want To Be Held". It's a quite nice record but he hasn't got much of his voice left, the version of John Lennon's(!) "I Found Out" is fantastic though and "Satisfied Fool" is a decent mid-tempo dancer. Check this out for more info:

https://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...10:wna9kemtfq7v

Social source share

Guest Daddy

I've got a nice minty demo copy of Hawg Killin' Time by Eddie Kirk on King for sale for £40 if anyone fancies it at all. Includes 1st class post

Any chance I can call you up and hear this down the phone?

I'd like to ask the same question to for anyone with RnB to sell, I'm looking for more tunes to get a night up and running in my local town. Looking for some uptempo bits mostly. And if anyone would be up for a tape/CD swap of RnB please let me know too.

Cheers all :thumbsup:

Social source share