Sidney Barnes Orch

Dazdakin

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

This and "Hurt on the other side" instrumental had nothing to do with Sidney Barnes but Simon Soussan and Arthur Wright, he said he was sort persuaded to record/mix them. Only his word for that but is a very honest guy. 

It was the acetate of Other Side I was referring to actually. Sorry for any confusion.

Social source share

Stronger than her love (inst)

Now i realise it has no legal release but anyone who has a decent sounding carver and is willing to sell.......

Best

Dazz

It did get a legal release via the LP Record Collector on Destiny in 1979. Herb Abramson owner of Festival was a friend of mine and he's the one who is responsible for the license plus the Babysitters and Charlotte Stokes on Tip. All mentioned before in previous threads.
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

It did get a legal release via the LP Record Collector on Destiny in 1979. Herb Abramson owner of Festival was a friend of mine and he's the one who is responsible for the license plus the Babysitters and Charlotte Stokes on Tip. All mentioned before in previous threads.

Kev I think it's the vocal on Record Collector not the instrumental?

Social source share

two according to john manship

Here's a copy I had around the time of it's scheduled release. Just dug it out for scans

post-4623-0-62434300-1398345328_thumb.jp post-4623-0-68618100-1398345355_thumb.jp

I remember that auction and was surprised to hear there was only two copies. Is that right though, or are there a dozen or so out there ?

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Here's a copy I had around the time of it's scheduled release. Just dug it out for scans

attachicon.gifstronger.jpg attachicon.gifholdon.jpg

I remember that auction and was surprised to hear there was only two copies. Is that right though, or are there a dozen or so out there ?

Cheers

Mick

Not sure.Acetates were not cheap even back then, so I doubt I cut more than a couple just to give them away as promos.

Social source share