Joe King ' Speak On Up' Prix Records

Wasn't that the one that someone got hold of the Prix label stock? Rich Rosen perhaps?

There was something on the label that had some sort of different mix and the label was slightly different, was this it?

That's the Eddie Ray also on a yellow Prix record. Two different mixes/takes. One label with address the other without I kinda recall.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Does anyone know if this has been reissued booted??

Cheers

Jim.

Hi Jim

Don't think it has ,but Pat Brady had 1 on his site & he said it was the 1 he played @ Stafford & he says

it's got a stamp in the run out but does'nt say what it is ?

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

That's the Eddie Ray also on a yellow Prix record. Two different mixes/takes. One label with address the other without I kinda recall.

are you referring to Eddie Ray - You Got Me (Demo), Have it on Download, but did it make a vinyl 7?

there was a Joe King acetate floating around last year, and I know there is another in the hands of a chap on here, never again, lovely thing but I couldn't sell it, I actually made a loss on it... :( what a fool..

Mal

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

are you referring to Eddie Ray - You Got Me (Demo), Have it on Download, but did it make a vinyl 7?

there was a Joe King acetate floating around last year, and I know there is another in the hands of a chap on here, never again, lovely thing but I couldn't sell it, I actually made a loss on it... :( what a fool..

Mal

Hi Mal yo mean this one; post-19710-0-24962300-1397932641_thumb.p

it looks cute indeed. But nothing in your post show it's an alternate mix/take...

While the Eddie Ray on Prix had two different mix/take I was told. So that's where I got the (maybe wrong) idea it was a Prix confusion. Cheers Tim

Social source share

Hi Mal yo mean this one; attachicon.gifCapture d’écran 2014-04-19 à 20.34.34.png

it looks cute indeed. But nothing in your post show it's an alternate mix/take...

While the Eddie Ray on Prix had two different mix/take I was told. So that's where I got the (maybe wrong) idea it was a Prix confusion. Cheers Tim

Yep thats it (Joe King), bought it off here, Nice thing but I have the released 45, and its not a different mix, so could not really keep it... 

Eddie Ray two mixes, the one being more acoustic and featured on the Eccentric Soul: The Prix Label LP where it appears as (You Got Me (Demo). Prefer that one personally... the company released the other as a 45 I think,  fast and furious track that is, and a minute too long in my opinion.

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Hi Mal yo mean this one; attachicon.gifCapture d’écran 2014-04-19 à 20.34.34.png

I have another Joe King on that Please give me a home logo - quite good thumper - play it occasionally - probably next at Skegness…..

Social source share

Yes Eddie the owner died and the LV dudes got most of the stock which was in his garage…..

Steve , I'm sure Rob Thomas told me he'd been to the owners daughters house and said there was a garage full of stuff , don't know if he took any though ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

My copy is legit, not stamped either, has a number & then what looks like a word in cursive starting with an M in the runout. The copies out of Vegas are indeed legit as well, the guy did indeed buy all the dead stock from the estate of the label owner.  No boots.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!