Guest\

Another Newbie

Freebasing Guest

Guest\
Posted

Hi everyone

2nd generation mod, slowly getting back into the scene after a long time away. Brought up on tales from The Torch (RIP) and a diet of Northern/Motown/Stax. From Stoke-on-Trent (Soul-on-Trent!). Looking forward to a couple of events coming up next month, especially the all dayer on the 24th May at the Kings Hall :)

KTF

Sam

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hello :wave:

soul source url
Posted

Welcome back Sam! Same here - just started getting out and about again, wish I'd done it years ago!

Look out for all the unfamiliar sounds that folk post up on here - it's a revelation!

Stu!

soul source url
Guest\
Posted

Welcome back Sam! Same here - just started getting out and about again, wish I'd done it years ago!

Look out for all the unfamiliar sounds that folk post up on here - it's a revelation!

Stu!

Thanks Stu!

That's my big regret too! Wish I had got back into this years ago!

soul source url
Posted

Welcome to SS  SAM glad you're getting back into it again  :yes:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Guest\
Posted

Welcome to SS  SAM glad you're getting back into it again  :yes:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Thanks Kev, me too! :thumbup:

soul source url
Posted

Hi everyone

2nd generation mod, slowly getting back into the scene after a long time away. Brought up on tales from The Torch (RIP) and a diet of Northern/Motown/Stax. From Stoke-on-Trent (Soul-on-Trent!). Looking forward to a couple of events coming up next month, especially the all dayer on the 24th May at the Kings Hall :)

KTF

Sam

Hi Sam

just read your post, I'm intertested in your early visits to the torch, I was lucky to visit the torch a few times and it usualy involved a mini bus or coach and journey from Burnley, my question is, did you go to the last alldayer at the torch, from memory I think it was around feb or March 1973, who were the live acts that appeared that day? as I was working then I guess it would have been a saturday

soul source url
Posted

I don't think Sam went to the Torch (did you Sam?) - he says he was brought up on 'tales of the Torch' - 2nd generation mod? - 79-80?

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.