Price For Lloyd Williams

Carole P

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Only 1 mix on UK Bamboo (unless the album cut is different) & that's the one with added strings & things for the UK market.
Original mix was on Jamaican Studio 1 & the UK mix also got a Jamaican release also on Studio 1.
Quite common for Jamaican stuff to be tweaked to make it more palatable for the UK ear, Derrick Harriott - The Loser springs to mind along with Alton Ellis - Shoo Be Doobie Do, I Love You on DJM.
As for value I'd say about £125 to £150 if in good nick. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

one version, released twice in JA, both the same from the ones i've heard, never heard of the strings version on JA. 1st release black/silver label, 2nd release blue/white label.

other version is the same recording as the JA with strings overdubbed for the UK market

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

one version, released twice in JA, both the same from the ones i've heard, never heard of the strings version on JA. 1st release black/silver label, 2nd release blue/white label.

other version is the same recording as the JA with strings overdubbed for the UK market

cheers Sutty

Seen 3 different JA presses Paul. Black, Turquoise & Red. Think Black was first & one of the others was a 'b' side to Lord Tanamo, forgot which one though.

Cue Toad as he's the expert on this kinda stuff.

Social source share

Only 1 mix on UK Bamboo (unless the album cut is different) & that's the one with added strings & things for the UK market.

Original mix was on Jamaican Studio 1 & the UK mix also got a Jamaican release also on Studio 1.

Quite common for Jamaican stuff to be tweaked to make it more palatable for the UK ear, Derrick Harriott - The Loser springs to mind along with Alton Ellis - Shoo Be Doobie Do, I Love You on DJM.

As for value I'd say about £125 to £150 if in good nick. 

The Loser is identical on Jamaican and UK Island (and Trojan).  There are stacks of 'stringed up' UK versions, the best being Pat kelly - How Long Will It Take.

Social source share

cheers Sutty

There's a Jamican red / white as well.  Or is that white / red.

Social source share

The Loser is identical on Jamaican and UK Island (and Trojan).  There are stacks of 'stringed up' UK versions, the best being Pat kelly - How Long Will It Take.

The Loser version I was on about is on a Derrick Harriott compiled album Pete. Also has a different stringed up cut of John Jones on it too. Will have a search for it for you.

Aussie cut of Pat Kelly also stringed up & like you say probably the best example.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!